Stand alone harness for 5.2/5.9 and tune - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Garage Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Computer Control Parts Info Links : PCM Modules

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 93 Dakota, 99 Durango
Stand alone harness for 5.2/5.9 and tune

I built a 390 magnum stroker for my wife's 98 Dur. I was kicking around the idea of dropping it into my Belvedere instead. I have all the stuff to carb it but I was planning to keep it fuel injected but the only stand alone harness and computer setups are OBD1. Wouldn't be a problem with a stock motor but I need mine tuned which is like $600 at a place in Michigan for OBD1. Question is... Is there a OBD2 harness which I can plug a tune into or should I just carb it? Thanx, Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 1988 Dodge Dakota SE
There's always systems like the EZ EFI from FAST, or converting to a Megaspark system.

I'm not that wild about those choices, especially since EZ EFI really wants to be a TBI system (although they do have a multi port retrofit kit), and they're not really aimed at Mopar, but they DO exist.

RwP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013, 03:12 PM
nstg8tr

Vehicle: 2000 R/T
Reputation: 171 hskrRT is a name known to allhskrRT is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to hskrRT Send a message via Yahoo to hskrRT
Megasquirt and the EZ EFI both work. I think Bruce from F&B uses the EZ EFI with his 6-pack EFI conversion klits he sells for the Classic Cars, including mopars.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 93 Dakota, 99 Durango
Ive looked into those but the price is a little out there for me. I mean I have a warmed-over thottle body and all the rest of the stock injection stuff so I was just hoping there was something a little cheaper and easier. Thanx ya'll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: