A/C problems - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Garage Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Troubleshooter's Forum A place to ask technical questions.

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 dakota/2003 durango
A/C problems

I have a 2003 Dodge Durango 4.7 liter. I'm running into AC problems. i replaced my ac compressor due to a bad clutch bearing. could not afford new compressor so i bought a used one installed it recharged it with 134a till it was in the green at the correct outside temp. blowing ice cold ac. my wife takes it to work and says its blowing warm air i check it with a gauge and its in the red, i let some out and it goes back to green blowing cold she takes it to work and same thing happens warm and in the red. Anybody know whats wrong??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 01:47 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dakota SLT
Did you evacuate the system before you recharged it? Sounds to me like you have air in the system.

Mark
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 AM

No i did not. Do i have 2 have it drained and refilled or can i just keep pressing the valve and let the air out of it. theres 2 valves high side and low side right what is the other one for.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Jersey Boy

Vehicle: 2000 Durango SLT+ 4.7
Reputation: 175 TazRango is a name known to allTazRango is a name known to all
No, you have to take it to a shop and have it evacuated properly and recharged properly. This is exactly why you should need a license to buy R134 like you do with R12 - because people have no f'ing clue what they're doing. You do know it's illegal to release it into the air like that, right? Like, the $25,000 fine from the EPA kind of illegal - and all they need to go after you is a complaint from your tree hugging pain in the ass neighbor.

Quote:
"Ever had one of those days where you want to light someone's face on fire and try to put it out with a fork?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan View Post
fuck it, Im going to convert those to HID and stick them in my heads, fogs, tails, double heads, and my butt so I make a halo while shitting

It would be like a holy shit, and maybe one around my penis for that illuminating experience a girl has hahahaahahahaah
Quote:
"Through this inscription I wish to enter my dying protest against what is called the Democratic party. I have watched it closely since the days of Jackson, and know that all the misfortunes of our nation has come to it though this so-called party. Therefore beware this party of TREASON." -Nathaniel Grigsby (1890)
Quote:
"How many times is Biden gonna say something stupid?" -Barack Obama (378 gaffes and counting!)

Last edited by TazRango; 05-21-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 AM

Right on ill take it to the shop. any idea what price im looking at to have that done?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 AM
Jersey Boy

Vehicle: 2000 Durango SLT+ 4.7
Reputation: 175 TazRango is a name known to allTazRango is a name known to all
IF there are no leaks, most places around here will do it for around a hundred bucks. YMMV. But if there is a leak, they will not leave it charged - they are required by law to remove anything they put in if the system is leaking. They will also not even touch a system that has had any type of "leak sealer" product shot into it.

Quote:
"Ever had one of those days where you want to light someone's face on fire and try to put it out with a fork?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan View Post
fuck it, Im going to convert those to HID and stick them in my heads, fogs, tails, double heads, and my butt so I make a halo while shitting

It would be like a holy shit, and maybe one around my penis for that illuminating experience a girl has hahahaahahahaah
Quote:
"Through this inscription I wish to enter my dying protest against what is called the Democratic party. I have watched it closely since the days of Jackson, and know that all the misfortunes of our nation has come to it though this so-called party. Therefore beware this party of TREASON." -Nathaniel Grigsby (1890)
Quote:
"How many times is Biden gonna say something stupid?" -Barack Obama (378 gaffes and counting!)
Old 05-21-2013, 06:29 AM

I dont think there are any leaks it has worked great untill that clutch bearing went out and ive owned the it since 05
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dakota SLT
High side is liquid, low side is vapor. That's how AC works, evaporate at low pressure and temp, condense at high pressure and temp. Absorb heat from the interior of the space and reject it to the outside. Air doesn't condense, you need ALL of it gone from the system for the refrigerant to do what it's supposed to.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: