2001 Durango Stalling - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Garage Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Automotive Discussion Miscellaneous chatter about Dodge Trucks

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Durango SLT4.7
2001 Durango Stalling

Hey guys!

Ive been having stalling issues with my Durango recently. I replaced the engine a couple months back with a brand new one. So I don't if that could be an issue. But I notice that once in a while when I put the car in reverse (after coming to a complete stop of course) or overshoot and put it into second, the car just dies. Starts up right a away usual no problems. Its happened about 3 times now. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what could be the problem. Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 PM
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Vehicle: none
Reputation: 239 caulk04 is a splendid one to beholdcaulk04 is a splendid one to beholdcaulk04 is a splendid one to behold
Just cut right out or does it go to a real low idle and quit?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Real men play in the dirt

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT
Garage
Sounds like your trans is giving you problems....

2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 too much to list. Ask if you want to know
Old 09-25-2012, 04:45 AM

Please don't tell me its the trans! lol but yea it does seem like it idles low and then dies..
Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 AM
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Vehicle: none
Reputation: 239 caulk04 is a splendid one to beholdcaulk04 is a splendid one to beholdcaulk04 is a splendid one to behold
Kinda petering out like that sounds like it could be a bad IAC motor. It's the lower of the two devices on the driver side of the throttle body.

When you shift into a gear, the IAC needs to allow more air in the engine to maintain idle RPM under that load. If yours is getting lethargic, it could allow a stall.

Many moons ago I finally cured my dropping idle and stalling issue with a new OEM IAC motor. If you haven't done so yet, do a real good cleaning of the throttle body, especially in the IAC ports.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Doesnt Afraid of Anything

Vehicle: 2001/Dodge/Durango
Reputation: 145 midnite is a glorious beacon of lightmidnite is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to midnite
clean the throttle body or get a new peice on the throttle body... i forget the name, but its like the air control module?
dakota-durango.com - TOTM Oct. '10
Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 AM

Yea I am going to clean the throttle body well with some carb cleaner and doing the same with I the IAC port (is it ok to use carb cleaner on the IAC and throttle body?)...I found a write up on how to get to the IAC clean and hopefully have time to clean those while watching some football tomorrow! lol. Thanks again guys!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Doesnt Afraid of Anything

Vehicle: 2001/Dodge/Durango
Reputation: 145 midnite is a glorious beacon of lightmidnite is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to midnite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynailer View Post
Yea I am going to clean the throttle body well with some carb cleaner and doing the same with I the IAC port (is it ok to use carb cleaner on the IAC and throttle body?)...I found a write up on how to get to the IAC clean and hopefully have time to clean those while watching some football tomorrow! lol. Thanks again guys!
i would assume so. ive used sd20 on it... im sure just about anythig will be fine, as long as your remove it, and let it dry before replacing it... best of luck. alls it is is 3 screws on th housing of the TB, and the intake hose, and then another 2 screws on the IAC to remove it from the TB. simple once done...
dakota-durango.com - TOTM Oct. '10
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Jersey Boy

Vehicle: 2000 Durango SLT+ 4.7
Reputation: 175 TazRango is a name known to allTazRango is a name known to all
Yeah use carb cleaner and an old toothbrush to clean the IAC. But DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TURN OR PUSH/PULL THE ACTUATOR. YOU WILL DESTROY THE MOTOR.

Quote:
"Ever had one of those days where you want to light someone's face on fire and try to put it out with a fork?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan View Post
fuck it, Im going to convert those to HID and stick them in my heads, fogs, tails, double heads, and my butt so I make a halo while shitting

It would be like a holy shit, and maybe one around my penis for that illuminating experience a girl has hahahaahahahaah
Quote:
"Through this inscription I wish to enter my dying protest against what is called the Democratic party. I have watched it closely since the days of Jackson, and know that all the misfortunes of our nation has come to it though this so-called party. Therefore beware this party of TREASON." -Nathaniel Grigsby (1890)
Quote:
"How many times is Biden gonna say something stupid?" -Barack Obama (378 gaffes and counting!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: