Interior trim removal - Dakota Durango Forum
Interior Parts Seats, Dash Parts, Gauges, other Interior Parts

post #1 of 16 Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Wild_West
Purple Kota

Vehicle: 1998-Dodge-Dakota Sport
Modifications: 9 Inch LED Interior Lights,Hard Top Tonneau Cover, WAAG Grille Guard, AVS Window Louvers, Custom Air Intake, Auto Start, Gibson Extreme Dual Exhaust
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Interior trim removal

Does anyone have any idea how you remove the trim piece where the 4x4 stick is? I want to remove my carpet but at the same time i dont want to break anything lol.

Amethyst Dakota
Dakota Sport-Waag Grille Guard-Tonneau Cover-Window Louvers-Gibson Catback Exhaust-Air Intake-Sony Sound System-Purple LED Interior Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 PM
jmaack727
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 

Vehicle: 2 of em.

Pull off the little black thing at the rear of the console unscrew i believe 2 screws and pull up. There are 2 clips at the front.

Assuming you have one that looks like the piece on the right.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=73&ty=57

Another picture of console
http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-DODGE-DUR...item43a8c197d7

Last edited by jmaack727; 01-18-2012 at 12:05 AM.
post #3 of 16 Old 01-17-2012, 11:58 PM
commeeche

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Dakota QC

Garage
jmaack is right its just a couple screws holding that piece on, i ripped my carpet out of my 97 in about 30 mins
post #4 of 16 Old 01-18-2012, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Wild_West
Purple Kota

Modifications: 9 Inch LED Interior Lights,Hard Top Tonneau Cover, WAAG Grille Guard, AVS Window Louvers, Custom Air Intake, Auto Start, Gibson Extreme Dual Exhaust

Garage
sweet how tough is it to undo the seats is it two seconds from there once the seats are gone? I have ext cab so is there carpet under the back seat trays?

Amethyst Dakota
Dakota Sport-Waag Grille Guard-Tonneau Cover-Window Louvers-Gibson Catback Exhaust-Air Intake-Sony Sound System-Purple LED Interior Lights
post #5 of 16 Old 01-18-2012, 12:20 AM
commeeche

Garage
Surprisingly when i got to the point of pulling the carpet in the back it was only tucking under that back seat tray about an inch, so all I had to do was pull the carpet out and not worry about removing the trays, and it was easy to put back in all that I had to do was wiggle the carpet back and forth to get it back under the trays
post #6 of 16 Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Wild_West
Purple Kota

Garage
cool well, i know what my weekend project will be. Order my new black carpet asap, prolly going to install myself! Then itll be time to install my subwoofer and maybe cover the carpet material on the door panel!

Amethyst Dakota
post #7 of 16 Old 01-18-2012, 12:45 AM
commeeche

Garage
right on man, one thing about these trucks is that they are pretty easy to take apart, well most of the time, i recently changed all the upper light gray on my qc to color matching dark slate, headliner i changed to black, plenty more project on the way
post #8 of 16 Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Wild_West
Purple Kota

Garage
one more question, does anyone know how to remove the handle on the 4x4 stick or can i leave that and still remove and install with it on?

Amethyst Dakota
post #9 of 16 Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 AM
commeeche

Garage
I think you can leave the handle on, I can't quite remember its been a couple years since I've had the truck, but I think once you go and take the leather/plastic part around the base of the shifter you can get everything out without taking the shifter apart
post #10 of 16 Old 01-20-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Wild_West
Purple Kota

Garage
Okay cool thanks commeeche, right after i get out of Art History ( BAAAARRRFFFF ) I'm starting this project!!! Dont have the new carpet yet but i need to make sure theres nothing else possibly leaking for awhile but I also plan on getting my sub installed today WOOT! I'm real excited for this project.

Amethyst Dakota
post #11 of 16 Old 01-20-2012, 05:05 PM
rrob5382

Vehicle: 98 Durango SLT 5.2L 4x4
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

If you want/need to take the shift nob off, the little plastic peice in the middle that has the 2hi 4hi n 4lo on it pops right out and then there is a nut inside but I dont remember what size it is.

1998 black Durango 5.2L 4x4

Gone but not forgotten
1998 silver Durango 5.2L 4x4
1999 chilli pepper red Durango 5.9L 4x4
post #12 of 16 Old 01-20-2012, 05:22 PM
commeeche

Garage
and if you are checking for leaks, check the rear windows, my 97 the passenger side rear window was leaking and it turned out the weather stripping started to rot and it was leaking from down at the bottom, whenever it leaked it would go and puddle up under the passenger floormat
post #13 of 16 Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Wild_West
Purple Kota

Garage
how do you remove the clip on the 4x4 console? i got bolts off no idea of how to remove the clip

Amethyst Dakota
post #14 of 16 Old 01-20-2012, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Wild_West
Purple Kota

Garage
Carpet is all out!! just going to be rolling with my floor panels for awhile! Until i decide on carpet. Installing the subwoofer now. Ill have pics up later tonight! Thank you guys for all the help and assistance it sure did help!

Amethyst Dakota
post #15 of 16 Old 01-21-2012, 01:58 AM
commeeche

Garage
Np man, when I had my carpet out drying I pressure washed it and it came out like new, and also I rolled around for about 2 wks with no carpet either, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dakota Durango Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: