How do I bypass the factory security system - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio, Security & Multimedia Speakers, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Alarms, TV's, Game Consoles

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:09 AM

Vehicle: 99 Dodge Durango
How do I bypass the factory security system

I just purchased a 1999 Durango that has a factory security system in it. I took it and had a remote starter installed (Viper). Today when my daughter tried to open the door the horn starts going off etc. Luckily I still had the factory FOB with me and was able to get it to shut off.

I assumed the installer would bypass the factory security system but he didn't.

I want to keep this from happening again and the best way to do that may be to bypass it altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 01:54 AM

Vehicle: 98 Durango
Send a message via AIM to NeverEnuffBass
Sounds like they didn't tap the factory security disarm wire. Its a green/orange wire in the driver kick iirc. Which viper system did you get?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 AM

Vehicle: 99 Dodge Durango
I have the Viper 4103XV, according to the installation guide the factory alarm disarm wire is Light Green with a Black stripe (-).

I will call the shop tomorrow and see if they can hook it up. I would do it but I don't want to void my warranty.

Thanks for the information.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Jersey Boy

Vehicle: 2000 Durango SLT+ 4.7
Reputation: 175 TazRango is a name known to allTazRango is a name known to all
No, don't 'see if they can hook it up', TELL THEM that it's not working right because they didn't hook it up, and you expect it to be fixed. It's part of their job. In 99 it arms automatically with the power locks. There's no way to bypass it, they just have to hook it up properly.

Quote:
"Ever had one of those days where you want to light someone's face on fire and try to put it out with a fork?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan View Post
fuck it, Im going to convert those to HID and stick them in my heads, fogs, tails, double heads, and my butt so I make a halo while shitting

It would be like a holy shit, and maybe one around my penis for that illuminating experience a girl has hahahaahahahaah
Quote:
"Through this inscription I wish to enter my dying protest against what is called the Democratic party. I have watched it closely since the days of Jackson, and know that all the misfortunes of our nation has come to it though this so-called party. Therefore beware this party of TREASON." -Nathaniel Grigsby (1890)
Quote:
"How many times is Biden gonna say something stupid?" -Barack Obama (378 gaffes and counting!)
Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 AM

Vehicle: 1989 Dodge Dakota LE
The Factory alarm can be disabled if you have access to a DRBIII.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: