PO420 catalyst efficiency - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Troubleshooter's Forum A place to ask technical questions.

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:50 AM

Vehicle: 01 Dodge Dakota
PO420 catalyst efficiency

I have an 01 Dakota with the 4.7, my check engine light keeps throwing this code, buddy of mine with an 01 R/T says the driver side converter is going bad cuz his did the same, If anyone has any experience with this please let me know, I'm trying to narrow it down, I've already replaced the upstream o2 sensor bout 3 weeks ago cuz it was throwing a heating circuit malfunction code, If the converter is going, Ima sell my superchips flashpaq, remove the y pipe, gut all 3 and get an sct tune and get the downstream o2's deleted like my friend did, but any info is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Shitter Outlaw

Vehicle: 98 dodge durango (5.2)
Send a message via Yahoo to synpsycho
Yep sounds like a cat...got same problem on my van replaced both o2s and still same code...90 bucks for the cat and should be fixed...I'm in Texas so can't delete cats or anything
5 Door Whore #238
Never share all of your knowledge, Let people think your an idiot and prove them wrong.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:57 PM
I drive with two feet

Vehicle: 2002 Dak QC, 2001 Durango
Sometimes an old post cat sensor will throw that code after the pre cat sensor has been changed. Change out the post cat sensor and see if this makes it go away.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 01 Dodge Dakota
thanks for the information, Ill try to replace that other sensor to see if it solves the problem, if not I may just replace the converter, I don't really wanta gut my converters due to the fact that I have straight pipe exhaust lol and its already loud enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: