Cruise control not working - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gen II Dakotas 1991-1996 Dakota-Specific Questions

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 1995, Dodge, Dakota
Cruise control not working

pretty simple here: 1995 Dakota 3.9L....cruise control not working at all. Dead. All I can tell you is that I do realize there is a cable (similar to the throttle cable) that "hooks" into a position very close to and very similar to the throttle cable. All I can tell you is that I know for certain that cable is for the cruise control AND it is in proper placement as best I can tell.....

Other than that, I am completely lost on this one. At least my other problems I sorta know where to look and what's going on, but this problem is ALL NEW to me. Could it be a fuse? What? Where do I even start trouble shooting this? Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 04:03 AM
<---1 of none!

Vehicle: 1994 dakota club cab
Reputation: 160 hwystar is a name known to allhwystar is a name known to all
Garage
fuse, vacum line has maybe come off either at the control or manifold ( happened on my 94 LHS once), bad switch on the steering wheel, loose connection at the controller. Was it working at all before and if so what were you doing last before you noticed it wasnt working?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:44 AM

I have no idea what I was doing when it stopped. I know I had it rebuild about 2 yrs ago and the dude forgot to hook the linkage cable back up to it....but then he did that and it worked fine. I'm going to go with fuse first but I need a fuse box diagram and more importantly, which fuse I should be looking at. I checked the throttle assembly today and all appears normal....??
Old 05-26-2011, 05:31 PM
<---1 of none!

Garage
well if it is the fuse there should be other things not working as well as there is more then one thing on any fused circuit.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:53 AM

I downloaded the service manual and wiring diagram in PDF form and it had a whole section about the Crusie control. Going to print it out, study it, take it one step at a time a fix that sucker. There is no "can't", there is only "do." in my book. I can hear one of my good buddies voices saying "let me know how that works out for you." lol
Old 05-27-2011, 03:55 PM
<---1 of none!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepNukem View Post
I downloaded the service manual and wiring diagram in PDF form and it had a whole section about the Crusie control. Going to print it out, study it, take it one step at a time a fix that sucker. There is no "can't", there is only "do." in my book. I can hear one of my good buddies voices saying "let me know how that works out for you." lol
Where did you get that download???
Old 05-29-2011, 08:49 AM

Google: (1995 Dodge Dakota Owners Manual+PDF) and within a few links it will become clear to you where I got it. It's a forum, much like this one, (maybe even this one), it will take you directly to the post and a guy has "links" to the service manual (owners manual I think) and the wiring diagram as well......along with a few other models of trucks. So make sure you click the right download.

Then, it will take you to a rapidshare LIKE (knockoff) site and you scroll down and select "free download" and you have to wait 4 minutes and then you can download it in PDF form. When I get more time I'll try to find the link myself for you if you can't find it....let me know please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: