post #1 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
04_Durango_4.7

Vehicle: 04 Durango SLT 4.7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
alignment specs.

I was wondering what the alignment specification is for an 04 rango. I just had one done and the specification range is marked as n/a in all areas.

Here is the print out they gave me. If someone has or know the specs can u please let me know if these are wit in the peramiter or do I need to have it redone to meet the specs. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
04_Durango_4.7

Garage
Here are the specs they set the front end to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-04-07_16-01-40_951.jpg (500.1 KB, 55 views)

post #3 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 05:10 AM
SynRG
Se habla Espaņol.

Vehicle: '01 QC 4x4 & '03 CC

Send a message via AIM to SynRG
Here's mine, not sure if it'll help you, but just in case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110407_195901.jpg (234.5 KB, 39 views)

2003 Dodge Dakota 5.9 V8 + 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab 4x4 4.7 V8
'03 CC--> *5.9 Swapped* 360 Swapped, .020" over, EQ Heads, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar M1, Gibson Shorty headers, Spintech 6000 Series muffler, Taylor 8mm wires, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Timing Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, Mopar Round air cleaner, Hayden E-Fan Controller, R/T Wheels, LOWERED 2/3, Hotchkis coils & rear sway, Bilstein shocks, 160A Durango Alternator, 2 12" Alpine Type-S, MTX Thunder 81000D, 4 CDT Audio 6.5" Midranges, MTX X-Thunder 702X, Clear Corners & Headlights w/4300K HID, 35% Tint Fronts, Doubled 5% Cab Sides and Rear
Club Cab Crew #179
'01 QC--> HO Intake, Superchips, '02 Jeep GC TCM, Reflexxion Cowl Hood, Westin Step bars, R/T rear sway
post #4 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Primus
I hate you people.

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Dakota
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Here's some advice: find a different shop, because if the guy that did the alignment couldn't do it, then there's no telling what else they can do wrong. Every time I got an alignment, every one of the shops I had it done at always had the specs on hand.
This shop is run by a bunch of idiots, run away next time, FAST.

Something stinks and it ain't me.
327K+ miles, mostly all original factory parts, and 15 yrs. of reliable service.....you are missed.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 09:12 AM
SynRG
Se habla Espaņol.

Vehicle: '01 QC 4x4 & '03 CC

Send a message via AIM to SynRG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Here's some advice: find a different shop, because if the guy that did the alignment couldn't do it, then there's no telling what else they can do wrong. Every time I got an alignment, every one of the shops I had it done at always had the specs on hand.
This shop is run by a bunch of idiots, run away next time, FAST.
And it looks like the print out you got is just a photocopy of another one.

2003 Dodge Dakota 5.9 V8 + 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab 4x4 4.7 V8
'03 CC--> *5.9 Swapped* 360 Swapped, .020" over, EQ Heads, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar M1, Gibson Shorty headers, Spintech 6000 Series muffler, Taylor 8mm wires, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Timing Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, Mopar Round air cleaner, Hayden E-Fan Controller, R/T Wheels, LOWERED 2/3, Hotchkis coils & rear sway, Bilstein shocks, 160A Durango Alternator, 2 12" Alpine Type-S, MTX Thunder 81000D, 4 CDT Audio 6.5" Midranges, MTX X-Thunder 702X, Clear Corners & Headlights w/4300K HID, 35% Tint Fronts, Doubled 5% Cab Sides and Rear
Club Cab Crew #179
'01 QC--> HO Intake, Superchips, '02 Jeep GC TCM, Reflexxion Cowl Hood, Westin Step bars, R/T rear sway
post #6 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
04_Durango_4.7

Garage
Angry

should have just waited till i went to the dealership and had it done.......

post #7 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Primus
I hate you people.

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Dakota
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynRG View Post
And it looks like the print out you got is just a photocopy of another one.
Your right, it does look like it was photocopied.
04, you need to find a different shop right now and report the first shop. This sounds like a shady shop and your Durango might be out of spec still.

Something stinks and it ain't me.
327K+ miles, mostly all original factory parts, and 15 yrs. of reliable service.....you are missed.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
04_Durango_4.7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Your right, it does look like it was photocopied.
04, you need to find a different shop right now and report the first shop. This sounds like a shady shop and your Durango might be out of spec still.
How and where do I report it?
I should have just taken it to dodge dealership it was 10 bucks cheaper at the dealership than the shop I took it to.

post #9 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM
70Cuda383
Don't be "That Guy"

Vehicle: 98 Dakota Clubcab 7.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_Durango_4.7 View Post
How and where do I report it?
I should have just taken it to dodge dealership it was 10 bucks cheaper at the dealership than the shop I took it to.

well, there's always the BBB, but they have no teeth really. how many people actually check the BBB on a business BEFORE they go there for service? I never have!

but, then there's always the State Attorney General...they tend to have a bit more "teeth" when you report fradulant buisness activities to them.

especially since it's an elected position, and if the guy wants to keep his job....

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/A...ness-Complaint
post #10 of 11 Old 04-08-2011, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
04_Durango_4.7

Garage
Well I called the dealership and got the alignment specifications. I also called another alignment shop that I was told did good work and they both said I was within spec. The only one that was off was my right caster and it was over by 1/8 °. The dealership said it was ok. I called the alignment shop this morning because of a shimmy and shake. It is in now they are checkin it out. I was told by the dealership and the other shop that the shimmy and shake could be bad tires I.e. slipped belt or bad ballance and i should rotate and ballance the tires and see if it goes away.

Maybe I was useto the bad alignment in the steering wheel that now its all better its bad to me

Last edited by 04_Durango_4.7; 04-08-2011 at 05:43 PM.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-10-2011, 07:20 PM
threesixoh
R/T to the GT!

Vehicle: 2012 mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_Durango_4.7 View Post
Well I called the dealership and got the alignment specifications. I also called another alignment shop that I was told did good work and they both said I was within spec. The only one that was off was my right caster and it was over by 1/8 °. The dealership said it was ok. I called the alignment shop this morning because of a shimmy and shake. It is in now they are checkin it out. I was told by the dealership and the other shop that the shimmy and shake could be bad tires I.e. slipped belt or bad ballance and i should rotate and ballance the tires and see if it goes away.

Maybe I was useto the bad alignment in the steering wheel that now its all better its bad to me

the dealership is probably right about the tires. Have them balanced/rotated.

with as big a difference as your caster is from side to side, do you have any pulling? I run 4.5 degrees of caster on either side, 1/16" toe in, and -0.25 camber, and it rides great, but I do see a decrease in tire life due to my slightly more aggressive alignment

BTW, the stealership is the only place I go anymore to get my alignment, no other shops in the area seem to be able to do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dakota Durango Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: