Defrost not working - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Garage Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Troubleshooter's Forum A place to ask technical questions.

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Durango
Defrost not working

I tried to defrost my windshield this morning only to discover that no air was being pushed. I checked the other vents and they are working just fine. Warm air came out without an issue.

Upon directly the airflow to the windshield, I noticed that I still had air coming through the forward facing vents but not to the windshield.

My guess is that whatever component that is responsible for physically moving the direction of the air is faulty or that the control device that sends that instruction isn't functioning correctly. (My last guess is that a foreign object is blocking the airflow).

Advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I hate you people.

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Dakota
The piece you are looking for is the air blend door and is towards the firewall, below the dash. This part has been known to break on here and is not made anymore, so you would have to find one in a salvage yard.
But, first, the best thing to do is find out how it actuates. IDK if it uses engine vacuum or electric motor, as either could cause the blend door to not function properly.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Durango
Here's what doesn't make sense (but I'm happy about it); yesterday after work, I decided to just try it again. IT WORKED!!! Somehow my defrost is working again. I didn't get my hopes up and waited until this morning to try again. Sure enough, it is still working.
It wasn't sending any air at all yesterday and today it works flawlessly.
I have no idea how this is working now, but I'm happy about it.
Until it dies again, I'm going to move on to the next issue on this vehicle (defective door lock).
Thanks for the help Primus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: