a/c bypass - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Parts Inquiries Can't find it in any other category?

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:28 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Dakota cc rt
a/c bypass

any of you guys bypass your ac? if so, you gotta link to a belt to use? i called autozone and they said they had one for our trucks to bypass it but when i tried to put it on. . .it was waayy too small so i dk, jw if any of you guys new of a belt for sure that youve used on your rt

1987 4-Link Dodge Charger- 498 B-1 Headed motor
5.60 1/8 mile @ 124mph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2010, 05:53 AM
1 Fast Sport

Vehicle: 2000 RC Dakota Sport
My compressor took a shit I simply bought the belt for a 2000 3.9 w/o AC now IT WILL NOT go on if you try to install it the way the belt routing diagram. Yea thank Mopar for that. My belt installed just like it except it goes the opposite way from the power steering over the water pump i wish I had a picture to show you. The belt is gonna be shorter I thought the exact same thing!!! I have BEEN THERE. I bought a belt from advance it didnt fit. WENT BACK to the store got another. IT didnt fit either till my dad was like what if you put it on that way so he held the belt tensioner and I was able to fight the belt on. IT worked and my water pump spins in reverse now. LOL Ive been driving it like that for 60k+ now soooo Seriously, try it. If you need pics I will post em up. Just PM me
Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Dakota cc rt
hey thanks, i called and they said the non factory air trucks have a different pulley setup. I just took the belt back and they sell a pulley that goes where the compressor does just so you can use the same belt and everything and bypass it.

1987 4-Link Dodge Charger- 498 B-1 Headed motor
5.60 1/8 mile @ 124mph
Old 07-23-2010, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Durango SLT+ 4.7L V8
I am not sure if this will help but you might be able to take out one of the bolts and roll the A/C compressor out of the way for the belt to fit.

Check out this thread:
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53480

Kevin

Last edited by WestCoastKevin; 07-23-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: dakota 02 cc
884k7 at autozone for a duralast belt at about 26.00 should do it. got one for my 3.9 and fit perfect. should be the same for a rt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: