Window won't go up - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Garage Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gen I Durangos 1998-2003 Durango-Specific Questions

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2005, 12:10 AM

Window won't go up

I iced the other day and I accidentally held the window switch down when the window was iced over. Smart huh? well now my window is about a inch down and won't go up. it will go down a little bit, but slowly. Does any one have any suggestions. I'm thinking the motor might be burned. I took everything off, but I'm having trouble see what holds the window up, ie the cable or mechanism that pulls the window up and down. Need help please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2005, 01:05 AM

Ok so I took another look at it. WARNING. I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I noticed the wire that pulls the window up and down is loose, it looks like a little white piece at the end of the cable sheath. I put that is a groove at the bottom of the window track. Is that right, does anyone have a diagram on how it goes together.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:08 PM

Update. After taking another look noticed a little half-moon plastic piece broke off. So I'm going to get a new one and holla back at cha.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:13 PM
mod-a-holic

Vehicle: 1999 Durango SLT + 4X4
Send a message via ICQ to rockadaous Send a message via AIM to rockadaous Send a message via MSN to rockadaous
regulator broke. Common problem. Check ebay for another one or http://www.moparsupercenter.com
rock 5 Door Whore #5 (Fo Sho)
99 Durango SLT+ 4X4
Interior mods
Lotek gauge pod*redline shifter*nu-image panels*rev glow gauge w/chrome bezel*billetpro knobs*titanium pedals
Exterior mods
Cervinis SS Hood*Keystone spoiler*billet gas door*MB Motoring 20X10*Eagle Goodyear GT II*SS speed grille*vent visor*chrome altezza's*Euro diamond cut headlight & parks,chrome differential cover
Engine mods
Intense Performance stage II w/9" bigmouth filter*180 T-stat*billet caps*mopar valve cover*GSport hose*40 series Flowmaster w/duals*reflexx shocks
http://cardomain.com/id/durang0
Old 12-22-2005, 12:31 AM

I have the same problem the motor is ok just the hlf moon piece broke and cable is damaged on spool. Dont run the motor or you may also jam cable up on the spool
Old 12-22-2005, 02:32 PM

Vehicle: 1980 CJ5
Garage
yeah the halfmoon thing... let me know how you fixed it... mine's been broken for about 6 months and cant seem to reach my fat arm up there

My Jeep's build thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...-vette-507049/
Old 12-25-2005, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grewe02
yeah the halfmoon thing... let me know how you fixed it... mine's been broken for about 6 months and cant seem to reach my fat arm up there
i had this same problem. what i did was take everything out and drill throught the half moon and bolted it together. has lasted over a year now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: