4.7 Throttle body removal - Dodge Durango Forum
Maintenance Forums Keep your truck looking and running its best with this advice.

post #1 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
SilverDakota03
SilverDakota03

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Dakota 4.7
Modifications: 4.7L, K&N FIPK, TB Spacer, Superchips, Removed clutch fan, 180 degree stat, Dual Exauhst with Flo-Pro Muffler & High-flo Cat, Belltech 2/4 lowering kit, Rear Bags, allround discs, Hankook 235/65/R16 front & 255/65/R16 back, Reflexxions Cowl Induction
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

4.7 Throttle body removal

Cant figure out how to get the throttle body of my 2003 dakota 4.7.....help please....steps....pics...if possible....thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 08:25 PM
gocartone

Vehicle: 2001 Dakota 4x4 R/C

What are you having problems with? It's really simple to do so check and make sure you got all the bolts loose on it I guess, need to know whats not working for you though.

2008 Corvette 485whp
2001 RC 4.7 5-Speed 4x4
2006 Yamaha FZ6
2004 Honda 450R
post #3 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
SilverDakota03
SilverDakota03

Modifications: 4.7L, K&N FIPK, TB Spacer, Superchips, Removed clutch fan, 180 degree stat, Dual Exauhst with Flo-Pro Muffler & High-flo Cat, Belltech 2/4 lowering kit, Rear Bags, allround discs, Hankook 235/65/R16 front & 255/65/R16 back, Reflexxions Cowl Induction

everything's working just fine...a friend of mine is porting it for me....i can locate all the bolts its just the throttle cable that im having trouble with...and how do i get a pic of my truck on each post???????????
post #4 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 PM
QUAD DAD
QUAD DAD

Vehicle: '02 Dakota Quad Cab 4X4

Hold the throttle wide open - with the truck off - and pull the cable forward so the cable falls into the little cutout then pull the cable and lead stop out. The cruise cable, if I remember correctly, just pulls off.

2002 4.7 QC Sport Plus 4X4

Some of my mods are Gibson dual sport exhaust, H.O. cams and now H.O. intake, CAI, ARE lid w/spoiler, Street Scene grille inserts, 1 piece headlights, Transgo reprogramming kit, chrome wheels, Power Slot Cryo rotors & Hawk pads, custom embroidered interior, cowl hood with custom underhood liner.

QUAD SQUAD MEMBER
post #5 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
b2
Back in a Dak!

Vehicle: 06 F250,00 R/T,& 08 Kawi
Modifications: Custom Cars and Trucks, Hunting, Fishing, Video Games

Send a message via AIM to b2
Yep the cable closest to the throttle body just pops off, the other one just open the throttle up then flip the cable over and slide it out of the slot.

Sold: 97 Dakota Sport v6
Sold: 84 Power Ram W150

Sold: 06 AB Hemi Ram 1500 4x4
00 IB Dakota R/T
06 Ford F-250 Powerstroke
post #6 of 8 Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 PM
bwdakrt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2 View Post
Yep the cable closest to the throttle body just pops off, the other one just open the throttle up then flip the cable over and slide it out of the slot.
You SLIDE the cruise control cable to the back and it will slide off the flat disc on the linkage. If you try to pop it off, you're going to break the connector and will have to buy a new cable.

100% correct on the throttle cable.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-03-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdakrt View Post
You SLIDE the cruise control cable to the back and it will slide off the flat disc on the linkage. If you try to pop it off, you're going to break the connector and will have to buy a new cable.

100% correct on the throttle cable.
I learned that, wish I would have known earlier, now I have a little heim in it's place, only thing i've ever broken on the truck.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-03-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
SilverDakota03
SilverDakota03

thanks alot everyone for the help...figured it would be smart to do it the right way and not to break anything...thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: