BCM - Body Control Module - Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums
Register Home Forum Extras Website Features Timeslips Calendar Garage Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gen I Durangos 1998-2003 Durango-Specific Questions

Dakota-Durango.com is the premier Dodge Dakota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2005, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Durango SLT 4x4
BCM - Body Control Module

Does anyone know where this is located and about how much they cost?
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2005, 12:00 PM

Vehicle: 1999 5.9 V8 Durango
If memory serves me, it is in the engine compartment, right where the air element it. I think it cost me about $500 for a new one, not including labor. However, I've been told that this is not a shade tree mechanic piece to replace because it needs to be programmed for your vehicle.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:58 PM
I bleev u have mai staplr

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T
Send a message via AIM to Boomin5POINT9 Send a message via Yahoo to Boomin5POINT9
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is located on the passenger fender near the intake, not the BCM (Body Control Module).

1999 RC Dakota R/T:
Kenne Bell Supercharger, Alchohol Injection, SCT Pro-Racer Package, 50# CPR Injectors, Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump, Ported 50mm TB, JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster 40, 3-Inch Exhaust, MOPAR M1 Manifold, Street Scene Mirrors, 20" Chrome XS Rims, GY HP Ultra Plus's, DynoJet Wideband, MSD 6A, MSD Coil, Hotchkis TVS, Bilstein shocks, Cervini's S.S. Ram-Air Hood, Sir-Michael's Roll Pan, Stillen Front Bumper, Diamond Headlights/Corners, Custom Leather Door Panel pads, 180 Degree T-Stat, Taylor Wires, Optima Yellow Top, and More.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2005, 03:13 PM

Oops...you are correct. BCM...PCM...they all sound alike.

I think that the BCM is attached to the fusebox. So, if memory serves me again (and without walking outside), it should be somewhere near your left foot in the driver's compartment.

What are you trying to accomplish? Is something not working right any more?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 PM

A few things aren't working right. 1st - The headlights started to flicker off and then back on one night. I figured it was the light switch, $60 later nope. Then, the open door tone started to ring for no reason while driving down the road and not long after that the windshield wipers would turn on all by themselves while driving. Finally, yesterday my wife calls me a tells me the damn horn is just honking at will. I asked around and keep hearing about the BCM. I called the dealer to get the price, but they need the exact part number. So that's where I'm at now, trying to find the part number. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to pass them along. I would definetly appreciate it.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Boomin5POINT9 Send a message via Yahoo to Boomin5POINT9
Yeah that sound like the BCM, or CTM (Central Timing Module) Your parking lights, headlights, locks, ect, all go through the CTM. That is located in your driver's side kick panel. Can't think of a reason that might be messed up though. Do you have an aftermarket alarm or keyless entry, or starter?? If so they would have tapped into that and maybe that could have screwed it up.

1999 RC Dakota R/T:
Kenne Bell Supercharger, Alchohol Injection, SCT Pro-Racer Package, 50# CPR Injectors, Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump, Ported 50mm TB, JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster 40, 3-Inch Exhaust, MOPAR M1 Manifold, Street Scene Mirrors, 20" Chrome XS Rims, GY HP Ultra Plus's, DynoJet Wideband, MSD 6A, MSD Coil, Hotchkis TVS, Bilstein shocks, Cervini's S.S. Ram-Air Hood, Sir-Michael's Roll Pan, Stillen Front Bumper, Diamond Headlights/Corners, Custom Leather Door Panel pads, 180 Degree T-Stat, Taylor Wires, Optima Yellow Top, and More.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomin5POINT9
Do you have an aftermarket alarm or keyless entry, or starter??
Yeah, the control module is a picky creature. After I installed an aftermarket alarm with window modules, my windows would just roll down at random overnight sometimes.

You might want to check to make sure that everything is plugged in nice and tight.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:19 PM

Thanks for all the help. $209 later, Everything is running fine. Replaced the blower resistor while I was at it.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:32 PM

So $209...What did you replace. What was the problem?

1999 RC Dakota R/T:
Old 11-29-2005, 02:09 PM

$209.00 was for the Central timing module only, Installation was very simple. Now I just need to get the keyless entry reprogrammed. So the dealer shafts you no matter what you do.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Durango SLT
1998 Dodge Durango 4x4 automatic. Heater blower turns off if dimmer is all the way up and when i open the doors before turning off the key. Sometimes it will stay on after taking the key out of the ignition. Dome lights fade in and out and the aux. power outlet works intermitently. Rear defogger and wiper works intermitently. Most of the time all this happens when the vehicle get up to temp and the heater has heated the inside of the cab. Possibly the BCM? And where would that be located?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Jersey Boy

Vehicle: 2000 Durango SLT+ 4.7
Reputation: 174 TazRango is a name known to allTazRango is a name known to all
Wow only seven days in and we already have a contender for necro-thread of the year.. Last post eight years ago..

For future reference, start your own thread about a problem you're having rather than post on an oldie like this..

With the combination of issues you're having I'd suspect a bad ground first. While the interior lights are controlled by the CTM, none of the other things you mentioned are. There are several ground points under the dash, any one could be suspect.

Quote:
"Ever had one of those days where you want to light someone's face on fire and try to put it out with a fork?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan View Post
fuck it, Im going to convert those to HID and stick them in my heads, fogs, tails, double heads, and my butt so I make a halo while shitting

It would be like a holy shit, and maybe one around my penis for that illuminating experience a girl has hahahaahahahaah
Quote:
"Through this inscription I wish to enter my dying protest against what is called the Democratic party. I have watched it closely since the days of Jackson, and know that all the misfortunes of our nation has come to it though this so-called party. Therefore beware this party of TREASON." -Nathaniel Grigsby (1890)
Quote:
"How many times is Biden gonna say something stupid?" -Barack Obama (378 gaffes and counting!)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Durango SLT
LOL i see what your saying about an oldie. I am fairly new to this forum posting stuff but i will keep in in mind Thank you. I also thank you for your reply and will certainly give it a try.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 AM

Vehicle: 03 Durango
normally the ctm can be reset and fixed by disconnecting the battery and touching the terminals together. Doing this would have saved you 200 bucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Durango Forum and Dodge Dakota Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: