Dakota Durango Forum banner

grokglock slow build thread

7K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  grokglock 
#1 ·
Just some pics of how she was when I got her. 2001 QC 4x4 285/75/r16 terrible paint.

I just got het back today from the paint shop, looking shiny. I ordered some Treadwright Guard Dogs in 285/75/r16 and rox suspension lift keys. My torsion bars are already cranked to the max and still rub on very worn tires. Hopefully the keys will solve the problem with the new tires.

Going to be a mild camping, hunting, and mostly DD. The truck has a freshly rebuilt 4.7, brakes, cv joints, I rebuilt the front driveshaft. Drives like new.

The paint is PPG with 3 coats of clear, rhino liner in the bed and rhino liner on the bumpers now too.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks. Headlights definitely need to be upgraded but I have a laundry list of stuff before I get there. Being from Florida I need A/C which is my next fix.

I'd like to get some OEM style headlights with clear lenses, do they even exist? The only ones I can find are cheesy looking "tuner" style headlights. I might try a projector retrofit on the future.

#6 ·
Came home and found these on my front porch. Treadwright 285/75r16. They look OK I'm not as happy as I'd hoped. in the second and third picture you can see one of the tread lugs looks unfinished, I am contacting them to find out if this is normal and safe to drive on.

Attachments

#8 ·
So TreadWright wrote back that the production manager looked at all the pictures and determined these tires are safe to drive on. They also offered a partial refund for both affected tires which I did not expect. So far I have nothing but good things to report back from TW.

I am going to throw the keys and tires on today.

#10 ·

Attachments

#19 ·
I'm just posting some ideas I have here for my next project. I would like to build a prerunner light bar. I have access to a stick welder but not a pipe bender. I do not want to buy a pipe bender just for this one project so I am looking at alternative build methods.

I found this build someone used to create a bar for a subaru where they cut the pipe, bent it and then welded it back together. http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f85/light-bar-fabrication-69911/

Looking to build something very simple like this:
http://www.carid.com/2010-ford-f-150-off-road-lights/kc-hilites-off-road-light-bar-2059882.html

#25 ·
Right now I sit 40" I'm the back and 38" in the front. But yet to buy new keys also on 245/75/16s also so you must ben42 with 285/s on. Anyway looks good. I did my bumpers in rock guard too, 2" blocks" t crank, round air cleaning a flowmaster original 40. I thought no muffler sounded cool but the 40 sounds way better.

#26 · (Edited)
Made this PVC intake today. Not exactly cold air but neither is the stock. My theory is my new filter is at least twice the surface area as stock and the piping is smooth and less restrictive than stock. I'm thinking at the very least it flows more cfm than stock. I don't feel a power increase from takeoff but my downshifts do feel stronger. This is of course all officially butt dynoed. I might go back to the stock airbox with a drop in k&n and replace just the air hat if I feel there is an increased danger for rain or water splash.

I wanted to position it closer to the hole in the fender but this filter is enormous. I might also play around with routing a hose from the front of the bumper to the filter in a way that it doesn't draw vacuum where it could suck in water, that or run the hose from the hole in the fender to the filter for fresher air. I think the volume of air is quite a significant improvement over stock as is anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.