post #1 of 2 Old 04-18-2017, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
mopar5.9

Vehicle: Durango SLT 1999 4X2
Modifications: Bolt ons
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
46re Shift cable how to check if its broke ?

Hi
I installed my engine 5.9 and transmission 46re in my truck but i can not get the shift cable on the lever on the transmission. connected
It seems that the shift cable is maybe 5 or 6 mm to short to get it connected to the P stand on the lever . do i need to adjust the shift cable or is the cable broke . the shift cable will only go on the lever if i put the lever in reverse . is their a way how to check if your shiftcable is broke . maybe i broke the cable when pushing it out the cable bracket on the transmission. is the cable broke are does the cable need adjustment ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-05-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
mopar5.9

Vehicle: Durango SLT 1999 4X2
Modifications: Bolt ons
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
After wrestling with my shift cable it broke a little but the shiftcable was the problem it needed to be adjusted . Does anybody know the oem partnumber for the shiftcable ? the adjuster lock broke and the two tangs that holds the cable to the transmissionbracket . i fixed it with a hose clamp to keep the cable in place because i had no choice (very cheap fix) . i cannot purchased the shift cable in the netherlands .

After fixing my cable and i adjusted it on the lever i fired up the truck for the first time with the 5.9 swap and 46re. i have rebuild my own 46re with Hd parts and 4.2 ratio and the truck shift awesome . First time when i crank i hear click click so i thought my starter was bad . i removed my starter cleaned it from the inside and put it back and i still had the click click sound . Then i check the Neutral switch but you need to install the NSS whit the transmission in neutral once i did that i started on the first crank . i only need to safe money for a sct tune for my 5.2 pcm . but it was a blast to do the swap and rebuild my own transmission .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dakota Durango Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: