1999 Durango SLT 5.2 a little rough idle - Dakota Durango Forum
Troubleshooter's Forum A place to ask technical questions.

post #1 of 3 Old 08-06-2015, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
99 Durango Indy

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Durango
Modifications: None yet just got it
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1999 Durango SLT 5.2 a little rough idle

So I just bought my 99 Durango 5.2 today and its awesome, has 140k miles on it pretty much pristine inside and the normal front fender rust but not bad at all actually and nothing I cant fix.
So my question is at idle after a couple minutes when I was sitting at a stop light I get a thump, and then maybe a few more thump noises, never dies just that small thumping noise off and on. Ive read forums and it seems like it can be several things. So my question is what do I tackle first, the tps sensor, iac or what do you recommend.
It runs solid on the road no issues no lagging what so ever, even at 80 runs great no pulling at all.
Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2017, 05:20 AM
st0rckzDango

Ever get anywhere on this? I have the exact same problem. My engine is completely rebuilt (minus rings) and does it. I've replaced cam sensor x4, crank sensor x2, distributor x2, coilpack x2, tps x3, IACV x3 and it still does it. I have no idea why and it is driving me crazy. It drives perfectly fine and never dies out like yours, just an annoying thump that occurs randomly at idle. Seems to be more noticeable when warm.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Itsarebuild

Vehicle: 99 durango

have you looked at the throttle body? there is a little idle air controller at the back of the throttle and mine got all gummed up. made it stall periodically. try pulling the throttle boddy and cleaning the plunger and the hole?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dakota Durango Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: