Dakota Durango Forum banner

heater direction settings dont work...

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  ericgwingarcand 
#1 ·
they worked fine until i flushed my heater n cooling system...prior to doing the flush i turn ed the heater on full n set the direction to full defrost...now its stuck on full defrost n i cant get floor or vents but it still turns off! WTF!!!

#2 ·
my durango did the same thing, did u just do a tune up or mess with the area around the brake booster?? if u look behind the drives side valve cover on the fire wall there is a lil vacuum line that comes our the firewall and goes to a "T" fitting, mine got disconnected check that,it come right out the firewall and goes up towards the cowl into a t driverside, by the valve cover

#4 ·
that runs into the fire wall right where those two hoses go in, but yea thats the hose, mine came undone at the t

#6 ·
You'll never see those hoses behind the dash. They are hidden well behind the HVAC box. The heater core pipes are inside the HVAC box, so you'll never see 'em even if you could look up under the dash.

You're in for a rude awakening if you need to get back there to reconnect it. The dash will have to come out (if not entirely out you'll have to move it back quite a ways into the seats) and if you can't see it then, you'll have to pull the heater box away from the firewall. If you're that far into it you might as well do the heater core and AC condenser.

#8 ·
i dont think this lil hose ran through the same spot as the heater core hoses...there is no room n when i checked on another dakota it ran behind the engine...PLEASE can anyone check on a 97-99 dakota with a 5.2 where this lil vac hose goes...only reason why i coudnt is cuz the truck i looked under was in a front end collision so i could only peek in the bend in the hood since it woudnt open. Also a pick of where the hose goes into the fire wall would GREATLY be appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.