Dakota Durango Forum banner

2000 Durango....not sure what's wrong

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AtekorSFR 
#1 ·
Ok so I have a 2000 durango with the 4.7 started having problems back in Dec with it idling up and down then stalling out at stops as well as jerking while driving as if it was losing power during this time the babysitter would drive it and kept running it out of gas and also had to fix the positive terminal more recently it won't stay running at all it will crank but not start if I am lucky enough to get it started it dies out again and I must keep my foot on the gas I have replaced tps twice, plugs, battery, crank sensor, fuel pump, and cleaned throttle still no luck leaving me walking 6 miles to work every morning had a friend read the codes it's saying tps low voltage which is why I replaced it twice figured it was possibly a faulty sensor still no luck I know little to nothing about vehicles and can not afford to take it to a shop can someone PLEASE help point me in the right direction on what the issue can be?

#2 ·
The gasket at the base of the throttle body could be leaking and the Ignition Control Module is trying to compensate for the additional air leaking in... happens on the 3.9 6cyl and I have heard it can happen to the 4.7 though I have never had it happen to me.
someone else will have additional info as I am relatively new to the 4.7

Don't tear into things on my say so in this! It is simply a suggestion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.