Dakota Durango Forum banner

Torque On Lug Nuts?

29K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  realdeal7369 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how much torque should be applied to the front lug nuts? I replaced my front rotors about two months ago & they have warped already. I did not use a torque wrench when I installed the wheels & I have been accused of being a gorilla with a wrench :nono:

I probably made a mistake as well when I bought cheap Autozone rotors, I won't make that mistake again.

#4 ·
The specs are anywhere from 87 ftlbs to 110 ftlbs... I used to work at discount and thats the torque chart we would go by .. so we do all at 110 ftlbs :biggthump but 100 is just fine

#5 ·
There was talk about this a couple years back. I have since always torqued the fronts to 94 ft. lbs. never had another warped rotor yet. fwiw
Bill

#6 ·
I used to torque my at 80 but when I put new rotors on It squealed when I turned left and they always came lose. I then went to 100 the lose problem went away and the squealing reduced. I then went to 120 and everything has been perfect since.

#8 ·
venturesomerite said:
i just use my impact and go till it stops turning, then a quick blact one just for sure. :woot: never any probs of anykind from it.

ditto here too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.