Dakota Durango Forum banner

Double Din Radio Final Pics!!!!

18K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  ma123 
#1 ·
Finally Done... All that is left is Painting the whole DASH.. But here are pics, and sorry for a double Thread can only have soo many pics..

See less See more
#9 ·
Nice work. Looks factory from what I can see.

#11 ·
looks like fillers made from the original trim pieces, or maybe made from an install kit. (just guessing)
When i do double din or larger installs in these trucks (Daks and Rangos) i use a install kit, cut it in half (side to side) to use the mounts, and then cut the original trim in half (from top to bottom) and trim to make fillers for the curved sections.

#13 ·
I was mainly refering to situations where i install 7" or larger screens into the dash.
Basicly, I would cut the mounting kit in half from side to side. thus giving me a top piece to mount to the top of the screen that would bolt (screw) into the factory screw holes. and a bottom piece to attach to the bottom of the screen that would bolt (screw) into the factory screw holes.
for filler around the sides. I would use the factory trim piece or the trim from an install kit, cut it in half from top to bottom. Thus giving you two side pieces that would fill the gaps.
Granted, with the side fillers, lots of trimming may be needed.
I'll try to find some pics of an install I did in a 02 Durango of an 10 inch screen. That will show what i'm talking about better than I can type. :)
As for the install above. the parts you circled in red are the original side pieces cut to fit the new HU. He then goes and fills them in with filler and sands them down for painting. Which makes a snug, smooth install and looks like the dash was cut for that size screen. (again, Im, not the installer working on this, and these are only GUESSES from what the pics look like)

#16 ·
Sorry, I was rambling and totally forgot....

VERY NICE INSTALL!! Super smooth work with the filler!

#17 ·
NOt a promblem...Thanks.. anymore questions just let me know. The only thing thats left on it i have to do is paint it the final color, but haven't decided on tha yet.. might be a lil while...but looks good under flat black spray paint...lol

#18 ·
Goood Sh!t

Man I have to give you :twothumb:. great work man, I soo wanted to do the same thing but didnt want to cough up the funds to fiberglass my dash but good to see someone has proven it can be done AND look good at the same time. keep up the good work

#20 ·
I soo wanted to do the same thing but didnt want to cough up the funds to fiberglass my dash

You would be surprised at how little it actually cost if you do it yourself or maybe have a friend help you.
Dont even have to use fiberglass if you do it right. just some inexpensive body filler and some sand paper from walmart. lol :mullet:

Make a deal with ya... you cough up some R/T wheels, and I'll do your WHOLE dash for you!! :) :) :)

#23 ·
Car GPS Navigation

Skipping enjoyably with the forested areas during transit to her grandma's home the adorable youthful lady attempts to understand the easiest method to decide to try her valued debilitated grandma's home Generally because the wolf will jump an automatic voice from the <a href=”https://www.eincar.com”> <b>Car GPS Navigation</b></a> unit in her own wicker bin rings in and advises her to accept left way and never the privilege. Presently her voyaging time is sliced lower the center and also the poor wolf doesn't have room schedule-a good idea to beat her to her grandma's home. Entertaining factor is the fact that along wrinkles everyone improves out finally, for that poor wolf doesn't get hacked up through the wood cutter and may proceed to guide an upbeat and seem existence - All due to the GPS unit giving the lost youthful lady the perfect course.

Vehicle video electronics would be the electronics utilized in the vehicle also is regarded as the en that make the consumer a higher grade person. It's the electronics which shows the greater status from the user. The vehicle video can be obtained of various types such as the vehicle seat seat, roof mount vehicle switch, on dash vehicle video, etc. There's two options from the vehicle video you may either put it so that it might be the entertainment factor for that backseat passenger or put it so that everybody within the vehicle will get entertainment.

Listed here are the couple of benefits of car GPS navigation. It might get you towards the exact site using the shortest route and save time. You don't need to help keep the path within the mind, it might instruct you, where you can turn the vehicle. You don't need guidance of anybody for reaching to some specific place.GPS Navigator would get you towards the place with the rut as well as in minimum time. It connects with GPS or internet and will give you excellent performance. The voice guidance allows you to have a left or right turn by using the map

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.