Dakota Durango Forum banner

Ground location

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  9448 
#1 ·
Searched with no luck. I need to know the location of the HVAC ground G207. Blower only works on HIGH. I figured it was the resistor so I purchased/installed a new OEM one to no avail. Anyone know where that ground is attached to the body? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
G207 is located in the lower center of the instrument panel, near the air bag control module. If you follow the harness for the ABM, you'll see the ground "split" out of it.

It doesn't sound like a bad ground. Power comes from the fuse, through the ignition switch, then to the blower motor. The resistor is on the ground side of the motor. If the ground was bad it wouldn't work at all.

Check the terminals on the resistor. A common problem is that they are burnt. The blower switch may also have failed. A remote possibility is that the blower motor itself is binding and unable to spin until put on "high."

#3 ·
Checked that first thing as I replaced the resistor. I too have discounted the ground being the problem after finding a ground schematic that showed numerous accessories using that common ground. Thinking at this point that the control itself must be bad.
I built this 28K mile 4x4 truck from the ground up and was suspecting maybe I left a ground loose. Sold it to an uncle and it worked for over a year with no problem.
Thanks for the reply!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.