Dakota Durango Forum banner

03 dak computer issue.

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  petrock 
#1 ·
Had a friend at work with a computer diagnostic program that he hooked up to my truck to see if we could figure out what was causing my surging idle. The laptop couldn't connect to my computer. Always said failed on syncing. He had a hand held scanner and it would connect and reboot and the tps would always show 14% no matter if the truck was idle or reving at 3000 rpm before the handheld reboot. Truck seems to run fine besides the surging idle and seems like has a miss. Do you guys think my computer is on the way out? I have done everything possible as replaced the IAC and the tps.

#4 ·
Replacing the IAC sensor doesn’t actually rule it out. That is why its never a good idea to just throw parts at (electrical) problems. Its like throwing darts in the dark and hoping to hit a bulls eye. The problem could be with the wiring for the IAC sensor. If it isn’t getting the correct voltage to open/close properly then it won’t allow enough air into the throttle body and the motor will be starved for air. Alternatively it could be a vacuum leak somewhere and the surging could be do to vacuum build up and bleed off as the leak opens/closes. Good luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.