Dakota Durango Forum banner

o2 sensor issue

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Counter 
#1 ·
Hey guys brand new to the forums picked up a 2000 dodge dakota 4.7l 4wd. I love it btw MOPAR!
Anyways I've got a few issues with it so let's start with the harder one.

I have a code (I think po174) I know it reads o2 sensor bank 2 sensor 1. That isn't the issue my scan tool shows it's not reading so I know its not. The issue is I can't find the o2 sensor for sale anywhere. It's a California emissions truck and I've searched all over google trying to find an answer. The one I got that does not fit looks like this with circle connectors
http://www.carid.com/bosch/premium-oxygen-sensor-exact-fit-mpn-13132.html

This is what all the parts stores are showing me and It is not a fit at all.

Just for an example mine looks like this
http://www.carid.com/bosch/premium-...TJTxQlYwShjEpiY3w9UZFn4d00_OLzB6ZtBoCtNvw_wcB

but I can't seem to find one that matches my Dakota, I've tried looking at durango parts too but maybe someone has a part number for it? It has 4 rectangular connectors instead of the circles and I even tried rewiring the o2 sensor to the old connector and it didn't work (probably my fault I suck at electrical and couldn't find a diagram to show me how to so i just stuck wires where it looked like it matched)

Problem #2
The CEL is on but the bulb itself isn't, Has anyone had the bulb fail on that or am i probably SOL and need wiring for it or something? Just want a quick answer before i tear apart the dash.

Hope you guys can help! thanks in advance :smile:

See less See more
#2 ·
Check out NTK 23132 oxygen sensor, I think that's the one that you need. Hopefully someone can confirm, and double check the direction of the direction on the plugs.

Check around for prices (cheaper on Amazon), the link is only to show you the pictures.

The NTK part numbers for the California-type emissions are as follows:

Pre-cat left (driver side, AKA: 1/1) - 23137
Pre-cat right (passenger side, AKA: 2/1) - 23135
Post-cat left & right (1/2 & 2/2) - 23132

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.