Dakota Durango Forum banner

00 Front Diff Question

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TopGearMopar 
#1 ·
Hey guys, is the 2000 front diff the same until 03? I've read some places that 00-03 are all the 205mm and some places say that 00 is one version and 01-03 are different. Just wanted to see if other years will work. I have a howling noise coming from up there that sounds just like a wheel bearing, but I replaced one of them and it helped some of it but not all of it. I'm gonna replace the other and cross my fingers, but it really sounds like its coming from the diff. It doesn't go away when I turn either way and it doesn't change when I'm on or off the gas. Just constant that gets loudest at about 40 mph.

P.S. A dak diff will work as well right? I'm gonna change the other wheel bearing and if that doesn't cure it, I'm gonna be hittin the junk yards looking for one. I saw a place down in TN that looks like a dak/dur graveyard I might go to if anybody has been there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.