Dakota Durango Forum banner

Help! Can you identify this wire?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DakotaJP 
#1 ·
2000 3.9 Dakota

Belt was squeaking during acceleration.. planned on changing belt. Did belt tensioner pulley and idler pulley as well.

Stripped bottom screw on ignition coil. Made mistake of taking the bolt off above the ignition coil thinking I could free it somehow avoiding stripped screw. The ring terminal connector that attaches to that bolt snapped. Now the truck won't start just cranks. After re-crimping a new terminal and installing new ignition coil, it fired up once but would only stay on by reving. Died when off gas.

Does anyone know where that wire leads to and what it's there for? I'll try to post a pic. But it's right above the top screw of the ignition coil mounting area. Also do you know the correct orientation? I forgot to take a pic when I took it out and forgot.

Wondering if there's a fuse or relay to check? If I hadn't touched it I'm sure everything would have been ok. Grr
Stripped screw 1
me 0

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Could that be a ground loop that broke off?
Im a no mechanic first off so dont just connect to ground, but that does look like it use to have a connector of some kind on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.