Dakota Durango Forum banner

Door window sill molding

10K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  ThisOldDak 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the part numbers are for the molding at the base of the door windows on the exterior? Mine are exploding with rust. I found on the oe part sites it might be called "belt molding" but the illustration is rather poor. And I'd rather not buy them unless I know they are right. Those sites consider that stuff special order and are non refundable

Reactions: ALipper
#3 ·
try to find a local junkyard or salvage yard. i bought mine off a member on here a while back that totaled his truck. 10 bucks shipped.

#4 ·
I got mine from the dealer. Sorry I can't find the part numbers for the right and left side.

#5 ·
been getting some dakotas in the yards recently since CARS. They are picked clean pretty quickly. But if this is a common issue I'd rather start fresh with new ones.

How do they come off anyway? They don't seem to budge at all with my hands

#6 ·
been getting some dakotas in the yards recently since CARS. They are picked clean pretty quickly. I found one once with the pass side still there but it didm't move at all when prying with hands. I didn't want to waste my time and mess it up with a screw driver.. Maybe I should have tried, just to learn

How do they come off?
take the inner door plastic molding/cover off the entire door (7? bolts), then it will slid right off (might require a little muscle).

#8 ·
How do they come off anyway? They don't seem to budge at all with my hands
Just roll the window down and pry up with a screw driver being careful not to damage the paint or window. It is just a press fit. You will probably destroy the old ones but who cares. The new ones will go on much easier.

#9 ·
Well since I had some spare cash I decided to make the leap and get a set from one of the OEM part sites. Hopefully it's the right parts.

The "makeitdodgeparts" site had em cheapest at about $36 and $34 for either side... better than $50 I saw at some places.

#10 · (Edited)
Appearantly they associated the price with an old part number, so I got an email stating the new nember for the part was $54 each.. screw that.

I did more research, and found a possible 3rd party manufactured part: Precision auto parts #WFK 3110 94

Appearantly this "belt weatherstrip" will fit "1994-2002" dakotas; which I have a hard time believing, but we'll see.

[EDIT] Here are the new Chrysler numbers they gave me in case anyone cared to know: 55135309AE, and 55135308AE

#11 ·
for the windows u can get a full kit from parts train, i order them by mistake a day or two ago, and everything for the channels is it the kit, its under beltline weather strip on thier site shipping included it was like 123.27 i think

#12 ·
yeah you ordered :WFK 3111 94 which is the whole kit with all window molding/seals for the door. I got the kit that's just the inner and outer sill moldings for $74+shipping.

It came in a couple days ago, and it looks like it's about 4" too long, but nothing a pair of tin snips can't fix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.