Dakota Durango Forum banner

Fitting 33's on a Durango

152K views 166 replies 53 participants last post by  madman9004 
#1 · (Edited)
Fitting 33's on a Durango with only a TS lift!! (Pics of Trimming)

OK Here are the specs.

2002 Dodge Durango FT4WD
2" TS lift
16" stock wheels.
285 75R16's BFG Mud Terrains
Fender trimming mandatory

Spare will fit inside factory hitch only when deflated. Not a problem if you carry an air compressor (I do). I might be able to grind a bit of metal off the rear of the hitch to make it fit fully inflated. The hitch is catching the spare tire on a sharp edge directly behind receiver.

There is a wire harness connector directly behind the wheel well liner on the drivers side and the AC and Coolant lines behind the wheel well liner on the passenger side. I need to fab some protection from rocks and road debris being rocketed up at those important areas.

The increased road noise is noticable but not annoying (like swampers).

There is a bit more vibration. Also a slight rumble when braking. Very acceptable.

I didn't notice the change in shift points even though I know that it has changed.

The speedometer reads about 5 MPH slower than actual speed at 60 - 70 mph. Have to try to keep that in mind.

See less See more
#166 ·
This write up is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks everyone who has put into this! I just got in to a 2002 Durango SLT with 265/70/16r and I'm looking to get onto Goodyear Durateks 285/ 75/ 16 I would be different rims with better back-spacing for the rims.

#167 ·
I had to cut my inner fender wells a bit like the OP had done in hia write up.Then I built my bumper and ball joint spacers. I got no rub unless I'm going trough some really rough areas. I also have wheel spacers on as well.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.