Dakota Durango Forum banner

Powerdyne blower questions.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ViperKota318 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a BD11A blower with all brackets and piping, 42lb injectors, sct tuner, a couple pulleys, innovate air fuel data logger, boost guages, and air fuel gauge for 1200 bucks. Not a bad deal I don't think.

A few questions.
How much boost is it possible to run? I hear anything more than a 9lb pulley is starting to push it on the powerdynes. I was hoping for a reliable 9-10lbs of boost.

Is there any crank pulleys available to help with higher boost numbers, similar to what is available for the mustangs?

How much can I safely run on my stock 318 this summer until I swap my 360 into the truck the next winter?

Thanks for the help guys. Excited to get this on the truck and tuned.

#2 ·
If you have not paid for it then give it back! If you already did then you may be trouble. The company went out of buesness and had some issues. If you are at the point of no return pull it apart and change the belt if it's not already broken, inspect every thing, and change the oil. This is a super budget blower and I would keep it at 6-7 psi because if it breaks your not finding parts. The belts are prone to breaking so keep it on the mild side or be ready for carnage. Just my 2 cents.

#3 ·
It has low miles on it. Been running 5 psi it's whole life in a 2000 RT. 928 motorsports makes ceramic bearings good for 60,000 RPM, and also Kevlar belts, billet impellers, a lot of stuff for the powerdyne so finding parts won't be an issue.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.