Dakota Durango Forum banner

Pass. Electric window switch

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Biker mike 
#1 ·
I can work the pass. window from drivers side just fine But the pass. switch is very spastic. I picked up another switch from a pull apart. But I am still having the same problem. Any Ideas?? I scraped the contacts as best I could. Momma ain't happy nobody be happy:frown:

#4 ·
If you had the exact same issue with two switches, it's most likely the lockout switch in the driver's panel going bad. Very common issue.

#6 ·
Interesting, I thought they all had a lockout switch.. And the driver's side doesn't go through the lockout so it wouldn't be affected.. When someone has issues with only the passenger window (s), the lockout is the first suspect.

#8 ·
Neat.. You do learn something every day lol!

But my money is still on the driver's (master) switch though, since you had the exact same issue with two different passenger switches.. Power goes through the master switch first. Either a loose connection or the switch is burnt internally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.