Dakota Durango Forum banner

R/T, SLT, SXT...... What do these mean?

91K views 95 replies 56 participants last post by  Big_Texxan 
#1 ·
I've tried to look through all the boards before I asked so I wouldn't look stupid asking this question. I have an Durango SLT so I just wanted to know what I have.

#28 ·
YellowKota2k said:
Dude, didn't we already figre that out already? :huh:

Did you know SVT stands for Special Vehicles Team?
Why does everything always seem so personal with u guys, that one dude said, doesnt it stand for Street and Racing Team, so i posted the link, jesus...And where the hell did the SVT thing come from?

#29 ·
DownBoi said:
Why does everything always seem so personal with u guys, that one dude said, doesnt it stand for Street and Racing Team, so i posted the link, jesus...And where the hell did the SVT thing come from?
We dont take shit personal, you just have to let a dead dog lie man, shit, they told you what it means, and you just kept at it. Let it go.

Its ok to be wrong about something, were all hear to learn. So when someone tells you, without a doubt, what something means, let it go. Its done. Lets not turn this thread into another gay internet fight flame war, this site is known to have little to none of that on here, thats why we have so many regulars and such a nice crowd.

Bakerlaw gave examples of what R/T and SRT stand for, with credible resources, game over.

Now if you want to discuss other letter designations like the SLT, SXT, etc. Have at it.

#30 ·
Sorry about all the fuss.......

I didn't mean to start all of this, I just wanted to know what I had. I do like the 2 guys saying "Sure looks tight" & "Special Luxury Truck". I do think my Durango looks great, it'll be awhile before I even think of putting it up for TOM but I am going to do a few things to make it look better. If what "bakerlaw67" says is true, SLT might mean Special Limited Edition, but then wouldn't that be SLE and not SLT? Either way I'm happy with what I got. Thanks for the help! :clap2:

#31 ·
Ok, so let me get this straight to make sure i'm on the same page as everyone else...
R/T stands for Really Tight
and SRT stands for Still Really Tight - :jester:
sounds good to me end of descusion.

#92 ·
EH, old fucking thread, and this post was made years ago, but...

I've got a Dakota SXT I'd like to show you with a weird looking V6 in it. it seems to have an extra injector and coil pack on each side of the motor. and the air hat says "magnum 4.7" on it. must be a one of a kind experimental V6...:jester:

#33 ·
DownBoi said:
And where the hell did the SVT thing come from?

Ok I know this is hitting below the belt but i think SOMEBODY is a closet ford gay I mean guy.
:joke: :biggthump

Rob

#35 ·
Don't care much for fords either. Just thought I would join in.

#36 ·
Found On Road Dead!!!!! :jester: First On Race Day. Wait! who the hell came up with that one? :rant:

#60 ·
F**ked Over Re-built Dodge:woot:
what's the difference between a sport and a sport plus?

#38 ·
Well this thread went seriously off topic.

Bottom line is....

R/T = Road and Track

SRT = Street and Racing Technology

SXT = Trim name with no real meaning with it's own options.

SLT = Trim name with no real meaning with it's own options.

Sport = Trim name with no real meaning with it's own options.

Laramie = Trim name with no real meaning with it's own options.

#39 ·
MoparREVolution = Trim name with no real meaning with it's own options.

No-pun intended, just popped in my head and wanted to add.

#42 ·
Chrome rear bumper, chrome grill shell, chrome bumper with plastic finish-bottom...yea. lets see, there was Base, Sport, SLT then sport was gone and they added SXT(which replaced sport and base), then the last year for the gen. 3's they added the....STAMPEDE ooooooooo- :jester:

#43 ·
Oh, yea, and how can I forget the RT! DOH!

#44 · (Edited)
my window sticker said mine was a sport, but the "sport" wasnt in the normal spot and i didnt see the sport until a few days later, so...

(on the tailgate it had an "SXT"...?
i asked my "salesman" what the difference was between sport and sxt and he didnt know.)

...so, i wasnt sure what i was getting. all i knew was it was a 4.7, 2wd, QC, power everthing except seats, fender flares, and the bigger tires.

edit: and my truck has the black bumpers like an SXT...?

its like i got a bastard child of a truck.

#45 ·
The SXT,SLT,SLT+, and Sport were all basically the trim codes. I don't know what all of them mean but here's a few. This is for durangos btw.

SXT started in the 2002 vehicles. SLT was the older codes but were still used. SXT was a basic trim, with the least amount of options. Decals/stickers were used instead of badges. No third seat.

Sport came with smaller wheels (15X7), no fog lights, black bumper on front instead of painted, no fender flairs,

SLT,SLT+. Not really too sure on the comparison of these until i find my sales booklet i had with all the different options. SLT+ is the higher trim code with leather, 3rd row, heated seats, chrome interior door handles, woodgrain trim, pwr seats, 15X8 wheels. SLT would have the 3rd seats, 15x8 wheels, but the rest i'll have to check.

#46 ·
In my mind, i always buy a vowel with SLT- one of these days i'll get around to finding a sticker place that will make me a new emblem that says SLuT.

A little off-topic, that's one reason i could never consider a Toyota truck... i see those big TRD (Toyota Racing Division) graphics and immediately think "turd".

Car manufacturers love the letters S, E, X, T, L, R, and V. i would bet that upwards of 80% of trim designations across all manufacturers are made up of various combinations of these six letters. No doubt some marketing weenie did a bunch of focus group studies to determine what these letters make people think of, then they just string them together to evoke luxury, strength, speed, or whatever idiot buzzword their brand manager is trying to evoke.

...dave

#47 ·
...dave said:
In my mind, i always buy a vowel with SLT- one of these days i'll get around to finding a sticker place that will make me a new emblem that says SLuT.

A little off-topic, that's one reason i could never consider a Toyota truck... i see those big TRD (Toyota Racing Division) graphics and immediately think "turd".

Car manufacturers love the letters S, E, X, T, L, R, and V. i would bet that upwards of 80% of trim designations across all manufacturers are made up of various combinations of these six letters. No doubt some marketing weenie did a bunch of focus group studies to determine what these letters make people think of, then they just string them together to evoke luxury, strength, speed, or whatever idiot buzzword their brand manager is trying to evoke.

...dave
:rofl: I always called my old SLT cc a slut too

#48 ·
It's all a ploy to charge more ...... $10 worth of trim = $1000 for the rtgsxsx badge!!

btw, Flipped Over Rebuilt Dodge - can't believe you guys didn't have that one!

I have a 37 year old Ford - Old Bronco's are not the typical Ford!!

G
#49 ·
R/T is and will always be Road and Track
SRT is Street and Racing Technology
SLT like the guy said in one of the posts is what type of Durango you have, It is the top of the line on all Dodge trucks. It stands for Sport Luxury Truck.enuff said :eek:wned:

#50 ·
I have a SLT Sport (thats what carfax said it was). Aren't those two different packages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.