Dakota Durango Forum banner

R/T, SLT, SXT...... What do these mean?

91K views 95 replies 56 participants last post by  Big_Texxan 
#1 ·
I've tried to look through all the boards before I asked so I wouldn't look stupid asking this question. I have an Durango SLT so I just wanted to know what I have.

#52 ·
I like when these post get long like this.

#54 ·
Maybe there just dumb. I dunno.

#56 ·
SXT is NOT a base line.....

My 02 SXT has every option the 02 SLT has, except for the third seat and the rear heat/air. SXT is mostly a trim package. (no chrome, color keyed exterior, etc) SXT is still available with the 5.9 or the 4.7, as my 01 has the 5.9 and my 02 has the 4.7l both are SXT.
Ken

#58 ·
I always though "LT" stood for "Leather Trim" At least on GM's?? Not sure what the "S" would be though.

#69 ·
:jester:

#73 ·
For the one that was saying you can't have two packages... My ram has three!!

directly from dodge on my build sheet it has:

AFZ - Quad Cab Big Horn Value Group
AGG - Sport Appearance Group
MTDS - SLT Badge

#80 ·
SLT - Sexy Like Ted (me :jester:)

the only thing i could think of was Sport Luxury Truck, which seems to be the answer as said above, but i also found on another thread like this Sport Luxury Towing and SLT+ is Sport Luxury Truck + (with 5.9 and leather and more crap right)

also attached was this:

"Hubby used to work for Dodge and says SLT means Sport Luxury Towing and SXT means Sport and Towing (the difference is the Luxury means it has leather interior instead of cloth.)"

but i dont have leather, so whatever

...just stokin the fire, thats all :waiting::stirthepo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.