Dakota Durango Forum banner

Replacing Brake Booster

22K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  90729 
#1 ·
Hey i'm in the process of taking off my brake booster to replace it. Does anyone know how you are supposed to get it off once the 4 bolts on the backside of it are off? I figured you just pull but i was pulling pretty hard. Am i missing something??:huh:

#3 ·
INSTALLATION
(1) Position spacer and gaskets on booster studs.
(2) Guide booster studs into cowl panel holes and
seat booster on panel.
(3) Install and tighten booster attaching nuts to 28
N·m (250 in. lbs.).
(4) Install booster push rod on brake pedal and
install clip.
(5) Install booster check valve if removed and connect
vacuum hose to check valve.
(6) Install master cylinder.
(7) Fill and bleed brake system.

Attachments

#7 ·
did a booster on a 2011 Durango. put booster on and now pedal goes to floor easily. shut off engine and pedal is hard, checked valve and is working properly. pulled vacuum hose off of booster and plugged hose, started vehicle and pedal was hard. any ideas. think I have a bad booster

G
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Working on an '02/360 now

Mine's the opposite. Normal until I turn the car on, then the pedal hits the floor. Got a kid to hit the brake while I checked and saw the booster leaking. Got the master cylinder unbolted, but it won't clear the studs because the fuse box is in the way. Trying to figure out how to remove THAT now, thought perhaps I'd find something here. Going back to tinker, I see these clips around the fuse box...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.