Dakota Durango Forum banner

seat reclining...

12K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  boohoops 
#1 ·
anyone know how to make them recline more? got a write up with pics?

#4 ·
The seats in my 04 only go down maybe 45 degrees, so not that far back. But friend of mine had a 94 dakota and you lay the front seat down to the back seat. Was kind of funny because the passenger seat was kind of messed up on the teeth that hold it in place. So when his dad was riding with him (he is a BIG guy) he would get on it and the seat would fall all the way back.

#8 ·
we were going to do that in my old ram but it was a p.o.s and i sold it..only owned it for the winter in working condition then shit started to break. the rear was the main part. i paid 4500 and only got 2000 back. sucked. live and learn tho.

#11 ·
I loved having a 2008 Dakota QC as my rental prom night...

#14 ·
dude the durango's are big enough for an air mattress.

Only problem with Durango's is CARPET BURN.

#20 ·
If I rember when I took my seats out there is a little metal tab that stops the seat from reclining all the way back. Il have to go look at my old seats, lol they are in my workshop.

My corbeau seats recline flat and more the sorry excure they call a back seat in my cc is the only thing that stops it. And im pretty sure that if it didnt me and the gf would have broken them lol.

#23 ·
hehe tight woven cloth seats ftw

dosnt get dirty dosnt get hot dosnt stick dosnt get cold no rug burn.

Just a thought has anybody ever put a true benchseat up front in a durango or dakota?

the safari seat from corbeau reclines all the way and would make a flat bed if there was nothing behind it.

but i dont think its wide enough I wish they made a 42" reclining bench seat...

#29 ·
haha, have u taken a look at ur seats yet? i feel like they might need to be taken out to pop this alleged tab off, but im lazy and dont wanna do it unless i kno its there and can be removed for sure..either that or ill take a gander this weekend lol

#31 ·
so I just finished takin out my seat and looking it over, and I still don't see any little tab restricting th seats from reclining more.. either im missin somethin here or that's all theyr ever goin to recline.. someone else be a good sport and take a look and let me kno if I've over looked somthin. thnx!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.