Dakota Durango Forum banner

Are true duals possible on an '04?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Big_Texxan 
#1 ·
Ok, so essentially I have an '04 quad cab dakota, and the exhaust system on it has an aftermarket muffler and tip (of unknown brand). Long story short, my friend that used to have a first gen dakota gave me his two magnaflows and I'd like to do a dual exhaust setup on the truck with them. My problem is, the big plastic tub that is my gas tank goes along the whole drivers side of the truck, right where my exhaust pipes go on my passengers side. I've seen that a dual exhaust is possible on the truck, but it looks weird to me as the pipes are both usually on the passenger side, making them uneven. Any idea's what I can do? I've considered a new gas tank itn the area where the spare tire goes, but thats as far as I got.

#2 ·
if you are worried about the uneven sound, do an xpipe. But all in all, you wont hear a difference at all.

#3 ·
not so much the sound as an x-pipe was slightly planned from the beginning, more so the look of it. when i looked underneath my friends ram which had a similar set up as what it looks like i will have to do and it just looked half-assed to me. i'm just trying to figure out if theres a way that both pipes could essentially mirror the other.

#4 ·
on these trucks, no. You would have to delete and move the fuel tank unless you ran the exhaust outside the frame rails

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.