Dakota Durango Forum banner

Missing my power windows

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  G3Kota 
#1 ·
First let me say that I have read & searched n searched & read many many mods & swaps from tail gates to front bumpers and everything in between and completely scrambled my brain pan with all the cool stuff that can be done to these sweet little big trucks it's a new concept for me being in my late 40's,used to just buy em & drive em.

I have an 03 dakota zero options and a wrecked 98 pw,pl,cruize,overhead console and would like to know what I can swap over from 98 to 03.

Im in the process of redoing my headliner (have it almost out) and if at all possible would be a good time to swap over to power options.

So I guess my question is can I swap out the harneses and just get a newer CTM (01-04) and have it be plug n play?
Or is it just not possible and wait till I find an 01-04 donor?

#2 ·
The harnesses are different, due to the years but also due to the bus change. Until '00 it was a 2 wire bus, '01 up is one wire. They aren't compatible.

The overhead console is a no-go, due to the bus change.

The power windows are not run through the CTM at all. You should be able to move them but you'll need to so some wiring.

The power locks need the CTM to work the keyless entry. They could be installed without the RKE. You could probably get the RKE working but you'd need a CTM and fob programmed to match. Earlier years had a "base" CTM without the RKE and other features but I'm not sure if '01 up did the same.

#3 ·
Thamks,
Guess Im going to just have to wait till I can get a good deal on a loaded 01-03 vesion Dakota/durango before I do this swap just to make things easier so I can get every/anything needed for the swap harness,motors,etc....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.