Dakota Durango Forum banner

What have you done to your truck today (Part II)

1M views 9K replies 403 participants last post by  91wagovanman 
#1 ·
If you're looking for somewhere to tell about your entire project plans, this isn't it. Just a little something about what you did today. Whether it's changing up your sound system, changing your oil, or finally finish up a big part of the project that you've been working on, etc., post it up here.

#12 ·
finished changing ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings, cv axles, and changed the oil.:worky: Then I finally drove it again after it sitting in the garage for a week:drive:. I missed driving it so much!

#14 · (Edited)
Gauges

Got my 2nd gauge installed today, Glad to be done with it. Moving on to the next thing. Got some billet heater knobs and hvac white face panels on the way.

#16 ·
Im debating whether to trade it for a Saturn. I showed it off and the girl damn near creamed herself. I looked at her and looked at the truck all confused. Then I realized that its a Dakota. I know its not the best looking out there, but still a Dakota none the less. Even a gen2 which makes it even sexier. hahaha

#18 ·
Removed the spare tire, jack and tools from the 2003. That spare tire is friggen heavy!!! I'd bet the 3 things I took out weigh at least 70 pounds. The audio setup is maybe worth 25 pounds and is coming out later today for about 100 pounds of weight which is in theory worth .100 on the track. Soft top cover will stay on along with the tail gate to help with the aerodynamics, been proven that trucks with bed covers are more aerodynamic than trucks without them. I'd love to drop the tow hitch and rear bumper but the wife thinks I should leave it alone because the truck looks tough as it, the roll pan will just make it look wimpier! Losing those two things is probably worth another 80-100 pounds.

#23 ·
Thought about driving it into lake Huron. luckily for my D, my dads garage was closer.

#24 ·
Going to pick it up from the shop. Then go cruise!

#26 ·
Nice, he was probably thinking "damn youngins!" while shakin his head with disapproval.

Can't really say anything though as I've done it myself in the past.

#27 ·
Nothing, ordered front shocks for the 2000 this morning. Received my order from earlier this week consisting of 2 rear shocks and 2 rear sway bar end links this morning. Was gonna install them today but life got in the way as usual.

Things take longer to get done when you have an apartment to organize, bills to pay, and a 3rd shit job. Too hot to do anything outside today, currently 93*.

#29 ·
Took the tonneau cover off.

#31 · (Edited)
New look

Installed billet heater/AC knobs, Installed white face heater and headlight switch panels. Also put a 360 decal on the hood.