Dakota Durango Forum banner

4 wheel drive wont enguage

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HartBK23 
#1 ·
i just replaced the shift motor....but now its still not working....what could it be??? could it just be the switch itself! im at a loss help!

#2 ·
no one has any information?

#4 ·
thats what i may be thinking, i mean the motor itself was just replaced...no blown fuses or nothing...so maybe its the switch

#7 ·
I don't know if you've found the problem yet, but if your switch was working perfectly fine and just quit engaging, it might be your TCCM (transfer case control module). If your transfer case switch doesn't light up when you start the truck or when your driving, its most likely a bad tccm. It's basically a computer that can tell if your truck is ready to make a shift into 4X4 or not. It's located way up under the dash and you can pick one up at a scrap yard for around 150$ or order it new from the dealer for 400$. Mine went out on my 02 QC Sport after I replaced the throttle position sensor and disconnected the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.