Dakota Durango Forum banner

2003 QC custom sub box in bed

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  funnyman0815 
#1 ·
I've looked here and elsewhere but can't seem to find any info. At any rate, I have a 10" MTX currently sitting in a box in the backs seat (have to pull it when passengers etc) and have looked into all kinds of boxes, from shallow to mounting in between front seats, etc. What I'm thinking is to get a toolbox mounted in the bed, port through to the cab, and wire up twin Kicker 15's. I can't see any reason this would cause any structural issues and would just have to use a quality rubber grommet (very large) to ensure against weather and fumes. Eventually, i will pull the rear seats and mount up racing seats all around, bedline the entire interior.

Has anyone seen this before or think of any issues I mat run into before I start up on the project? Thanks guys...been out for a while, but time to get back at it.

#2 ·
I recently did this in my buddies 68' c10. install was probably one of the easiest I've ever done. luckily there was a hole already drilled in the back of the cab so we just ran the speaker wire through that and drilled a hole in the toolbox. its pretty straightforward if you've installed audio equipment before. it sounds pretty good in his with just an 8" sub and a box he made with scrap wood in his garage. only issue to consider is the flex between the bed and cab. leave enough wire free to account for that and you should be golden. good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.