Dakota Durango Forum banner

Replacing 2.5L in '98 Dakota

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cbr600rx7 
#1 ·
I am removing a non-running 2.5L in a 98 Dakota with another 2.5L engine. The engine being removed has over 300K on it when it died over 3 years ago. Now my son is in need of a vehicle, so I'm going to put a used 2.5L engine in to at least get him back on the road. So I will have many questions as this project progresses. My other vehicle is a '65 Mustang that I have owned since 1980 and have personally done the engine, transmission, and suspension work on that vehicle, so I pretty well know my way around an engine compartment. :)

I am in the process of removing the wiring and hoses to get the engine ready to remove. So my first question is: What is the name of this part that I have circled in red?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
What are these two things that I found under the radiator after I removed it, and what are they for?
Mopar calls them isolators; they're rubber bushings. Pins on the bottom of the radiator fit into them, and they support the weight of the radiator.

I'm guessing this somehow reduces vibration; I don't really understand how since the radiator is screwed to the front support without any sort of isolators...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.