Dakota Durango Forum banner

Hemi Swap - Throttle Body

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Dakota J 
#1 ·
What are the options for cable actuated throttle bodies for the hemi, without spending bank on the Mopar throttle body? I'd like to be able to hook up my cruise control, as well.

- Christopher

#2 ·
Pretty much anything else is going to be a custom install. Need a bracket to bolt to the intake then bolt the throttle body to it. The tricky part is all hemi computers are drive by wire. So you will have to use a stand alone system. What are your reasons for wanting to stay cable?

#4 ·
The 05 and earlier Hemi Rams used a cable actuated DBW box that sat under the battery. It converts the mechanical cable movement to electrical energy that's used by the ECM to control the throttle body.

#6 ·
I run the Mopar TB on mine. The factory 4.7 IAC and TPS connectors are the same. Simple plug and play. I've thought about switching in out to a bigger one due to the added cubes, but not sure on which sensor I'd have to run and splice in. Keep us up to speed on your progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.