Dakota Durango Forum banner

Where'd everbody go?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  70Cuda383 
#1 ·
Seems pretty dead in here. Most guys that were running things haven't been active in 5-6 years. Have the Dakotas just lost their following or has everyone moved away from the message boards? It would appear that Dakota USA doesn't even exist anymore.

#3 ·
It's sorta gone to shit since Steve sold the site to Autoguide (but that's not an uncommon story since nearly every site they get their hands on goes to shit). But there's still a bunch of us who stuck it out.. :D

And there is no facebook version.

#4 ·
Forums are going the route of the Dodo bird. I have seen many of them go to shit over the years. Facebook has killed many of them. Also the guys that come on automotive sites looking for answers on typical maintenance issues can often find answers complete with video on Youtube. People are a also not hanging on to vehicles for as many years as they used to. First sign of trouble and it's off to the dealer to trade it in.

#5 ·
I've been kind of in and out over the years. Back in 2005 I got my first Dakota and was just a kid in high school trying to learn the ins and outs. I sold that truck and a few years later bought a 95, which brought me back online for a bit. I sold it, and was gone for a period of time again. Now, I own the first truck again and have came crawling back to find a pretty deserted message board. The "leaders" of sorts back then haven't been online in quite awhile.

#8 ·
I joined not too long ago so I don't think the following is completely dead. Id love to do more with my dakota but time and money.....

I dream of making my own single cab 5 speed Dak R/T with either a real hopped up 360 or recently I got the idea of a 408 stroker. But time and money....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.