Dakota Durango Forum banner

Interior swap

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dakotaff 
#1 ·
Hi. New to the forum but not to mopar,or dakotas. I have an 05 Sport and bought a wrecked 06 Laramie from an auction. I'm planning to swap all the leather interior,heated seats and power accessories . Has anyone done this? I'm interested in anything to look out for. Do I need toswap harnesses? Can I swap the keyless entry system?

Thanks

#2 ·
The interior will swap over and mount up without any issues. There is a large hump in the center of the carpet which had a power supply underneath it, you simply need to slice it open to access it. Check out the picture below. It will be a two wires with a connector underneath, power and ground. I would get all of the wiring parts that you can so simplify connections. Keyless entry is definitely a more complicated issue, and I don't think that will be easy at all, but not sure on that.

One issue that you may encounter is the passenger seat airbag weight sensors needing to be recalibrated after mounting the passenger seat into your truck. I had that issue, even after pulling the airbag fuses and disconnecting the battery hours before removing my seats. If the airbag lights show, then you will need to address it, since the airbags may not operate with the lights lit up. I had to have the the weight sensors recalibrated at the dealer for $100 to fix the issue.

Some guys have gotten lucky and the airbag lights never lighting up, so it is only a possible issue that you may have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.