Dakota Durango Forum banner

New sliding rear window.

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  STEVE52AR 
#1 ·
I bought the 2004 Dakota I have now with a solid clear rear window. I've been interested in getting a new tinted sliding window installed since before I bought it but can't seem to find one anywhere. Anyone know where to look?

#7 ·
last one i did was on a 92 f-150 it was easy back then these newer vehicals looks a little more tricky some are glued on some are hidden up im the headliner i would take it to a glass shop and let them do it i have a 04 dakota and i looked to see how difficult it would be if you cant see the window gasket olainly from the inside then let the pros do it other wise you have to pry the glass out with a flat blade screw driver pop the glass out pull the window out wrap the gasket around new one use a spray type slippery oil put a piece of rope around the gasket spray it down hold the window up to the cab tightly and pull the rope on the inside and by pulling the rope it will pull the gasket and window into place its a lot of work but it works you can find a more detailed thead on the internet on how this is done what to expect the tools you need and all just google it i this is just a brief run down hope it helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.