Dakota Durango Forum banner

Cruise control not working

9K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  DeepNukem 
#1 ·
pretty simple here: 1995 Dakota 3.9L....cruise control not working at all. Dead. All I can tell you is that I do realize there is a cable (similar to the throttle cable) that "hooks" into a position very close to and very similar to the throttle cable. All I can tell you is that I know for certain that cable is for the cruise control AND it is in proper placement as best I can tell.....

Other than that, I am completely lost on this one. At least my other problems I sorta know where to look and what's going on, but this problem is ALL NEW to me. Could it be a fuse? What? Where do I even start trouble shooting this? Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
fuse, vacum line has maybe come off either at the control or manifold ( happened on my 94 LHS once), bad switch on the steering wheel, loose connection at the controller. Was it working at all before and if so what were you doing last before you noticed it wasnt working?

#3 ·
I have no idea what I was doing when it stopped. I know I had it rebuild about 2 yrs ago and the dude forgot to hook the linkage cable back up to it....but then he did that and it worked fine. I'm going to go with fuse first but I need a fuse box diagram and more importantly, which fuse I should be looking at. I checked the throttle assembly today and all appears normal....??

#5 ·
I downloaded the service manual and wiring diagram in PDF form and it had a whole section about the Crusie control. Going to print it out, study it, take it one step at a time a fix that sucker. There is no "can't", there is only "do." in my book. I can hear one of my good buddies voices saying "let me know how that works out for you." lol

#7 ·
Google: (1995 Dodge Dakota Owners Manual+PDF) and within a few links it will become clear to you where I got it. It's a forum, much like this one, (maybe even this one), it will take you directly to the post and a guy has "links" to the service manual (owners manual I think) and the wiring diagram as well......along with a few other models of trucks. So make sure you click the right download.

Then, it will take you to a rapidshare LIKE (knockoff) site and you scroll down and select "free download" and you have to wait 4 minutes and then you can download it in PDF form. When I get more time I'll try to find the link myself for you if you can't find it....let me know please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.