Dakota Durango Forum banner

DVD wireless headphones: Which ones?

18K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ryno1 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2005 Durango Limited with a DVD player. Unfortunately it did not have the wireless headphones with it. I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out whether it use the infrared or the 900mHz radio frequency type. The Mopar accessories catalog offers both. In case this helps, the sound system is the Infinity 370 Watt, and the DVD is the ceiling mounted version. Does any one know what type headphones this model uses? And if it is the 900 mHz, can I use after market headphones which operate on that frequency?

Thanks,

AP

#4 ·
'04 Durango Wireless Headphones

Over three years since the original post and I think I have a clue! I recently bought a used '04 Durango with the factory VES and wanted to buy a couple extra sets of wireless headphones. Here's what I learned...

The '04 Durangos use the 900MHz RF wireless system, headphones are part number (4685936AE) which sell for $110 at the dealer. I think all subsequent years use IR, but a quick call to the dealer could answer that (IR P/N is 05064037AA I think).

Not knowing the exact Frequency of the system I took a shot and bought several sets of aftermarket RF Headphones in various freq ranges and finally hit on one.

The RCA WHP141 headphones work perfectly when set to channel two (they have three channels). Channel two is 912.5 MHz, so presumably any RF headphones that receive at 912.5 MHz will work with the '04 Durango VES. The RCA WHP141 are $28-$48 depending on where you get them. I got a set from my local Wal-Mart at the high end of the price scale, but needed them now for a road trip.

Hope that helps someone!

#5 ·
Well, it wont help this poor guy. Hasent logged on for nearly 3 years lol.

#8 ·
Hi,
I also have an 05 Durango Limited. My sone broke one of my headphones and I was looking for a replacement. Depending on when your 05 was made it can take either one. Have a dealer check the VIN number to tell you which. My 05 takes the RF 900 mhz headphones, but has an infarred remote...figure that one out!?

Hope this helps!

#9 ·
Thank you JayMan

You are the man, JayMan! Thanks for doing the research and posting it. I've recently bought the IR type and trying to get my money back from an Ebayer. With Dodge part no. in hand I've spent several hours online and onphone trying to figure out what I need for my Durango. Now I know exactly . . . I really appreciate you posting it for the rest of us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.