Dakota Durango Forum banner

limp mode help

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DurangoJay 
#1 ·
my durango has been acting up the last two month. don't know if
probs are related or not but this is the time line of events. First the check engine light
kept coming on and off. Thought maybe bad gas . took to auto zone while it was on no
code came up. then the speedo started not reading correctly. then abs light came on,
brake light came on, and the engine light stayed on and trans went in to limp mode.. had code read again. said bad speed
sensor. replaced both sensors. disconnected battery and restarted. all lights went off
: but the check engine light is still on and it is still in limp mode.
checked code again. now says p0753 shift solenoid a, p1765 , and
pending code was p0443. Any suggestions? I just want it to run well enough so that I can trade it in.

#3 ·
The P0753 and P1765 all I can tell you is they're transmission related, but you already knew that. The P0443 pending looks to be an evap canister purge valve or circut problem. Most PROBABLE cause is an intermittant fault with the purge valve itself. In case you don't know, a pending code is something the PCM detected but not enough to set a code yet. It's kind of "waiting" to see if it happens again. One thing, you didn't say if the trans codes were hard faults (broken at the time of testing) or memory faults (broken when the light was turned on, but OK at the time of testing). This makes a difference in the diagnostic procedure. Actually, I just read another post that said P0753 is shift solenoid "A" fault. Could be the solenoid itself (most probable) or the circut (wiring).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.