Dakota Durango Forum banner

Whats the little peice that is hooked up to the fuse box?

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  blwn318 
#1 ·
Its the little round part that is hanging off the side of the fuse box. Is that emmisions stuff? If I pull it all out will I get a code?

#5 ·
Yeah that's part of the evap, some type of pump I think. You'll get a code. That's what everyone has to deal with on the 01+ trucks. If you can get it figured out or maybe Chris can do something about it with SCT? I don't know. I'd like to figure it out also...the resistor mod that works for the older trucks won't work for our newer ones for one reason or another (I think it has something to do with the pump cycling on and off and 'testing' the system periodically which is why you get a code), and on top of that I don't even think they have the pump by the battery like we do, I think that's entirely different. I'd dig deeper into it if I had the time/resources but it'll have to wait until May or June. I meant to do something about it last year but never did. If you get anything figured out post up the details on here...definitely.

#6 ·
Hmm, the evap system that goes to the fuel tank and the charcoal canister? I pulled that shit out from under the bed. I wonder since I always pull the battery if that is why I am not getting a code for it.

G
#7 ·
As stated, that's the evap system purge solenoid. Up to '00, it's mounted on the firewall and in '01 it was moved between the battery and PDC. I've never tried removing one but I do think you would defintely get a CEL if you did. :huh:

#9 ·
Why? It doesn't take up much room and it isn't robbing you of any power. The only inconvenience is the one vac hose that runs to the TB. If you buy some bulk hose, you can route the whole system completely out of the way. If you aren't pulling the battery tray, just leave it alone.

#10 ·
I think it my anal retentiveness. I was really more wondering if it was doing anything anymore since I pulled the Charcoal canister. If its not needed I would just pull it, but I guess I do need it.

#11 ·
I'd like to yank it for looks alone, fuck having those damn vacuum hoses in the engine bay that look like garbage. So I don't blame you.

#14 ·
you can get a resistor and put it in place of the canister plug. I forget the exact rating but my evap is gone and with the resistor i have no CEL
Won't work on the 01+ trucks. What you been up too? Truck good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.