Dakota Durango Forum banner

Stuck Club/Ext. cab doors.

803 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  timmit 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Dakota. I shut the passenger side club/extended cab door one day about a year ago and I couldn't get it open since then. I don't use it much so it wasn't a problem. Now the same thing happened to my driver's side!

Has anyone else had this problem and where/how should I start to open and fix it?

Thanks.

#2 ·
yes, it is the cable and I will be damned I can not find the part or part number. T45 will take the screws out of the handle in the door frame, from there you want to gently pull both cables until the door opens, then you can take off the door skin, two Philips screws top and bottom and two larger ones in the middle. The skin will need to be pried off normal. Once out you can access the mechanisms that lock and you will be able to work them with your fingers to unlock door

There are two cables in the door, one for the top lock and one for the bottom. looks like they are similar cables.

So, Help with finding the new cable(s) would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.