Dakota Durango Forum banner

93 3.9 dakota motor mounts.

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  RalphP 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been searching around and seem to be having trouble on finding how some of ya'll where able to replace your motor mounts, and or central support shaft. I just would like to know how you guys where able to replace the motors, what did you use, how did you do it. Thank you guys!:nerd:

#2 ·
2WD or 4WD?

The procedure is in general same for both (lift motor or drop crossmember while supporting motor; unbolt old; bolt new; drop motor or lift crossmember) - but the crossmember is welded on for a 2WD, and is the diff for a 4WD, so the procedure is different.

Also, *broken record* the Factory Service Manual covers it with pictures. I'd HIGHLY recommend finding one and perusing it.

RwP

#5 ·
I've not seen Manuel (he's not happy I No Habla Espanol), but they do have the BISHKO manual in paper and on CD-ROM. You can also find both on Ebay for a bit less.

For a 2WD, you can jack it up with a brace under the oil pan. That's a bit snug, but it works.

RwP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.