Dakota Durango Forum banner

"Murdered Out" (Flat Black) Rides

128K views 100 replies 50 participants last post by  Sleepy 
#1 ·
#11 ·
It holds up exactly the same as any other paint job, as long as you spray it right.

You spray down your under coats, then spray your black base (along with a test panel)

Then you move onto clear. Add flattening agent into the clear, until the desired "satin" look is achieved, spraying the test panel to see what will look the best. Now you spray the clear coat onto the car just like any other clear, then wetsand and buff.

#37 ·
Ya i've done my fair share of dreaming in flat black too. When it needs paint, its getting done. I had my polished wheels powdercoated flat black, its awesome, never need to clean them.

#16 ·
#19 ·
I was gonna do the bottom of my truck in flat balck undercoating and follow teh lines the stock two tone paint does.. i thought it woudl look good against graphite.. but this was after a couple years of ohio rocksalt and off road chips..

"murdered" looks sweet i agree

#25 ·
I was gonna do the bottom of my truck in flat balck undercoating and follow teh lines the stock two tone paint does.. i thought it woudl look good against graphite.. but this was after a couple years of ohio rocksalt and off road chips..
Hey man get it Line-X'd my buddy did that and it came out awesome. They will do it pretty cheap too.

Murdered out is friggen awesome...

Theres my old K5... wasnt completely flat black but it was getting there..... that was 12 cans of cheapo walmart rattle can paint on there I painted that thing in Walmarts parking lot one night around midnight..... what a night lol! I miss that beast RIP lol

#31 ·
They look evil and mean for sure, but I love the shine and the bling too much. Dont really see why anyone would do that to a rig. But yes I agree its a helluva fashion statement that if done right, can look killer. I dont know, Ive kinda talked myself out of my own opinion so dont listen to me. Im just rambling now. I digress:huh:

#33 ·
i think it looks good on mainly older hotrods,,some newer model cars are ok,like dudes from mtv,,,i kinda like his,but to me theirs just no beating a nicy glossy blacked out ride..hence what im going after with my truck.

#39 · (Edited)
or 22' on a tire that big.. The hummers that I wash with 20's on 35's are sick.. It's all about the tire. Nitto terra grappler looks sweet on a black hummer with black rims and chrome lip. That is like saying the 26 inch wheels on a 315/35/26 tire is gross.. Here are some pics, same owner of both cars.

#36 ·
yep always wanted a car flat black.
if things go right im going to buy a fox body stang and paint it flat black!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.